𝓢𝓔𝓡𝓘𝓔𝓢 𝓞𝓝𝓔 ❣︎ 3

Riiiip! The second last it of plastic left the window as Ember tore it off.

You see, the stained glass window in Enid and Ember's room was now only half colourful. Riiiiip! Ember was now fully finished in eradicating all colour from her side of the room.

There was now only half a colourful shadow on the floor, as Ember's side was bare. She had also laid down tape as well. Just to be sure.

"What the hell did you do to my room?" Enid exclaimed as she came up the stairs and saw the new improvement Ember had made.

"Dividing our room equally," Ember said. She kicked all the bits of plastic she had removed over to Enid's side. "Looks like a rainbow vomited on your side."

Enid looked absolutely stunned. "I-"

"Silence would be appreciated," Ember went and sat down at her desk, where a typewriter lay. Wednesday's typewriter. "This is my writing time."

"Your writing time?" Enid repeated.

Ember shrugged. "Or Wednesday's. She used to devote an hour a day to her novel, but that time's up to me now, since she broke a few fingers on our mini guillotine. So she entrusted me to write it for her. Perhaps, if you did the same, your vlog might be coherent. I took a little look. I've read serial killer diaries with better punctuation."

"I write in my voice! It's my truth. It's what my followers love!" Enid replied.

"Your followers are more brainwashed than my cousin was when I gave him five hundred volts of electroshock therapy," Ember answered, getting up from the typewriter and going to face Enid, not going past the shadow line between colour and monochrome on the floor. "They respond to your stories with little pictures that make less sense than your love for colour."

"You mean emojis?" Enid asked. "It's how people express their feelings, but I realise that's a foreign concept to you since you have none!"

"When I look at you, the following emojis come to mind," Ember said, done with this conversation. "Rope. Shovel. Hole."

Enid simmered for a second, steam almost coming out of her ears.

"But the way, there are two D's in Addams," Ember added, going back to the typewriter. "If you're going to gossip about me, at least spell my name correctly. Though I would've thought people had better things to talk about. Is your life really that boring?"

That set Enid off. Instantly, she slammed a hand down on her speaker and a jazzy song started.

Ember spun round, fixing her gaze of fire on her roommate. "Turn that off."

Enid shrugged her head, turning around and doing a dance.

"This is your final warning!" Ember shouted, walking towards Enid.

But before she got past the line into the colour half, Enid turned around and went. "Aaargh!" And all at once, her nails went to claws.

Ember didn't flinch.

"Don't. Mess. With me," Enid said, eyes wide, leaning close to Ember. "This kitty's got claws, and I'm not. Afraid. To use them."

But before Ember could make a cutting remark or sarcastic comment, the door opened and in stepped a woman with red hair and big glasses. She was holding a pot plant and was about the least threatening person Ember had ever seen.

Boy, was she wrong.

"Good evening, girls!" She said, as she locked the door. "Oh, sorry about the mud! I just wanted to make sure that Ember was settling in. Are you alright, girls?"