18: D-Day

How—

What was going on?

Did I imagine it? No it must have been the way I opened my eyes. Or perhaps the angle we drove into the street from? Or_or—

There was a lot of or's in my head trying to explain the scene I just saw still none of them made sense and with every or, my heart sank even more. It was becoming hard to breath. My chest felt stuffy and like a chunk of flesh had been dug out from it.

Why did it hurt so much?

I thought I had let go. I told myself I had stopped loving him so why did seeing him with Belle hurt like I had been torn apart?.

Sitting with my back against the closet door. I held unto my aching chest and muffled my sobs with a palm over my mouth. Streams of hot tears poured down my eyes and I wanted so much as to yell to my heart's content.

"Syl? Syl are you in there?" I heard Tyla's voice ask and mum's whispers asking to know what was going on in the background. I covered my lips even more, but the tears just wouldn't stop.

It took seconds, minutes and hours and soon I was passed out on the floor. To weak from all my crying that I stayed sprawled on the floor like a drunk.

CREAK—

The door pushed opened and Tyla walked in. Worry on her face and a hint of anger in her eyes. She was panting slightly through her nose and the gap in her lips. I could tell she must have had a fight with someone. Was it Belle? Or Miller?

"Oh Syl" she came to hug me and no matter how I tried to fight the tears, it began falling once again.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry that happened." She apologized.

"who would have known that_" she cut her words "I should head home and see what that idiots brain is made of! Hmph!. How could he do such a thing?"

I shook my head and wiped the tear from my eyes. "He has all the right to do whatever it is he did. He_he doesn't know I like him" I managed to mutter.

She stared at me with slightly wide eyes. It was like asking "so you still like him?" But she didn't want to voice it out.

"You should head back. The shoe you needed is in my junk box over there" I stood up and pointed to the junk box "You should just take it and go. I want to rest"

I left and walked back into my room directly dumping myself on my bed.

I didn't know when or how she left cause somehow I drifted off to sleep once my head hit the pillow.

****
Days past and I really can't say how I survived. My nightmares doubled and I was having problems focusing on anything.

The only thing I managed to do perfectly was the first stage of my art project and that turned out to be vague image of Miller and Belle kissing beside that red car.

No matter how much I tried that was my first experience for the week. One that solidified my decision.

I was not going to camp.

The D-Day came. The school was more hyped than it had ever been. Even the Halloweens was not able to cheer the students like this camp did.

Tyla offered to pick me up that morning as usual but I came up with an excuse to pass off cause i knew the first question she would be asking was were my luggage was. Secondly cause I had made a last minute appointment with my therapist and didn't want anybody to know about it.

"Miss Hayden. You might want to take quality rest for a while till your PTSD relaxs again. Make sure to use the Antidepressant I just gave you in severe cases. You sure you don't want me to contact your mum?" The middle aged woman asked as she saw me off to the door of her office.

"No thank you ma. I would be fine" I shook my head and offered a smile despite that it might looked crooked. She surely wasn't convinced yet she nodded and bade me farewell.

I left the hospital and head directly to school. Thank God it was just 10 minutes walk so I didn't have to go throw the tortured of boarding a cab.

In no time I was in school premises. The vibrant parking lot now had unfamiliar buses parked in rolls.

"Where have you been?" Tyla asked worriedly and dragged me to sit once I entered the class.

"I had something to do"

"It's good you are here. Mr Phil was just about to call the list" Following her words the bald head man walked into the class.

"Attention students" He bellowed tapping the board marker on the podium coherently.

Probably due to anxiety the whole class quieted down. Something that wouldn't happen on a normal day.

"I'll start calling the list" He announced and began calling names from the long list in his hand.

Like everyone I anticipated my name_ but for it not being called cause that was when I would have to tell my best friend I didn't submit my consent form and my intentions of not going in the first place.

"Mike Anderson... Tyla Tiffin... Kosher Curt..." He continued calling Ang just when I thought he as done "Sylvie Kayden" I heard my name resonate through the whole class.

That's impossible.

"Sir you must have made a mistake. You just called my name" I stood up abruptly and interrogated the man.

He gave me an incredulous look before looking down at his list. "I can clearly see a Sylvie Kayden written on my list. No doubt your consent form must have been submitted with the others. If you have a problem then go meet the Dean of student affairs" He said nonchalantly and continued calling.

Submitted?

How was that possible? I didn't even show the form to mum so how could it have been submitted?

Was someone trying to play a prank on me? Is this some kind of scheme?

I didn't want to wait to know that answer, I stood up with intentions of going to Lodge my complain at the deans office but my hand was held back. I turned and looked at Tyla. She was biting her lower lip and didn't dare look at my eyes.

No...

"I'm sorry. Your mum didn't want me to tell you. She said if you know you would kick against it. But after what happened with_ she wanted to make sure you had a good time and don't bottle up your feelings inside. She_"

I harshly dragged my hand away from her grip. "That was for me to decide. Not you! Not her! Not anyone!" I retorted.

Thank God for the glass and hood shrouding my face or my crying face would have been evident for everyone at class to see. It would have been so much of a disgrace.

"Syl_"

"I'm not going!" I warned and stomped out of the class.

Bolting my way through the hallway.