Chapter 14

A/N; FINALLY- This took me yet another forever to write- with life in the mix that kept me from doing soo... T.T

But it's here now- and the story is almost done! A chapter more, maybe?? Two chapters left?? Excited to find out!! I can't believe though- this story is almost finished... I've come so far! Either way, enjoy this nice long chapter!!

***

Xisuma yelped curled up instinctively. This was immediately disgusting- the inside of the monster's mouth was- slimy. He yelped again as he felt the muscles around him move- they were pushing him down toward the throat... Quickly he put his wings away- they disappeared, him knowing they wouldn't have enough room to move around. He turned over and tried to climb up back to the front of the monster's mouth. Anywhere but in the stomach would be nice...

Up the tongue moved, pulsing to the back as it tried to keep him from moving forward. The tongue and other muscles all around moved again to try to push him down. Xisuma yelped once again, suddenly slipping from all the wet saliva. He glanced behind him to the throat- it pulsed all around as it waited to swallow him down.

"Keep trying..." Xisuma said, turning back ahead. He reached his hand out to try climbing up again. He glanced toward the teeth just as he slipped a little- he could use those... He could grab on and use those to climb ahead. It was risky though. He'd rather not get a hand chopped off. But it might do better than the tongue. It kept moving around, and was far too slippery. Only- he had to get a little further up to reach any of them... He lifted a leg to try to get a good grip somewhere with his foot to push himself up more. And finally- a little closer he went.. Up he continued to climb, slipping here and there still. He had to get out of here- they needed to destroy this thing, and he'd love to not be eaten alive...

"We have to get him out- we have to save him!" Grian said, pushing from Scar as he pushed himself forwards.

"Grian- wait! What are you going to do??? Your powers are useless against it- remember??" Scar said, going after his friend.

"I know- but I've got to do something!" Grian said. "We can open his mouth- and pull him out that way!"

"How?! It'll just try to eat you too!" Scar shouted. "At least let me help- we could both pull open its mouth and get him out!"

Grian paused, and glanced back toward him. There it was again... Scar was offering help- help to those who'd hurt him... He smiled slightly, and nodded firmly. "Let's get the others- we might as well. We can all try to save Xisuma. That thing won't stand a chance against all of us." he said.

Scar smiled and nodded. "Alright- let's go then!" he said, suddenly changing direction and heading toward the ground. Grian followed behind. Coming down toward them Scar raised an eyebrow. Impulse was visibly panicking, and Ren was failing to calm him down. While the hybrid was shouting and all trying to calm him, there was definite worry in his voice. Cleo was trying to calm herself down to one side, Etho stood still to the other, and Mumbo sat by Elenore's side, who was still unconscious. If anything, Scar and the watcher could only guess that they saw what happened too.

"What- what are you guys doing?!" Impulse asked, catching sight of them coming near. "Why aren't you trying to save Xisuma?!"

"Calm down- we came back for help. Those jaws are probably pretty strong. If we work together we could try to open its mouth and get Xisuma out!" Scar said, coming to just a few inches above ground. There he hovered, flapping his wings softly to keep generally still.

"We have to get him out- before he's swallowed! I'm more than certain he's trying to get out too- but he won't be able to open the mouth from the inside! It'll be easier if we all work together!" Grian added, taking land as he moved toward the others, folding his wings in slightly. He almost had desperation in his voice...