FIVE

" 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐔𝐒 𝐈 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐙𝐎𝐈𝐄 𝐈 𝐂𝐀𝐍'𝐓 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐎𝐔𝐓." Ja'Nyli huffed, as she pressed the speaker button on her phone before placing it on the bathroom counter.

" I thought you was just eatin' wit— I was Marcus, but I had to go get Zoie from my mama house. " Ja'Nyli said cutting him off, as she pulled her hair into a messy bun.

" Mmcht " Marcus smacked his teeth, " Jus brang ha witchu, I'm finna pull up " Marcus hung up before Ja'Nyli got the chance to respond.

I was finna take my happy ass to bed. Ja'Nyli thought to herself, as she stared at herself in the mirror contemplating on if she want to do something with her hair or not now.

" mommy phong " Zoie said, as she reached for the phone off the bathroom counter. " mommy! mommy! " Zoie tapped her mothers thigh causing her to snap out of her thought, " phong pwease "

" No Zo, go put your shoes on we finna go."

" Go bye bye mommy? " Zoie jumped up and down, as she went to go find her shoes, one thing about Zoie, she loved car rides.

Grabbing her phone off the counter, Ja'Nyli walked into her room pulling out her black crocs. She then went to her closet grabbing her black Nike sweater putting it on. " Zoie!" Ja'Nyli yelled to her daughter, grabbing her a lil jacket to put on since it would be chilly outside.

" Yes mama? " Zoie walked into the room wearing her church flats on. Ja'Nyli sighed deeply, before picking Zoie up and putting her on the bed, " since when do we wear church shoes on Wednesday? " Ja'Nyli questioned Zoie making her scratch her head.

" go get yo crocs! " Ja'Nyli told Zoie placing her off the bed, and throwing her church shoes to the side. Zoie was a smart girl for her age, she just sometimes wanted to do what Zoie wanted to do, and Ja'Nyli wasn't going for it.

Marcus beeped the horn outside of her house alerting her that he was there. Ja'Nyli made sure to grab her Tote bag that contained, her wallet, lipgloss, stick perfume, and other stuff. She also carried a little bag for Zoie being that she didn't know how long they where going to be gone for.

" C'mon Zo. "

Zoie ran to the door confusingly looking back at her mother. " who that mama? " Zoie pointed as Ja'Nyli approached the doorway. Ja'Nyli squinted her eyes at the unfamiliar G wagon before hearing Marcus voice, " whatchall doin? "

When the fuck he get a g wagon... JaNyli made sure to lock her door before pushing it closed. She pressed the lock button on her own BMW before grabbing Zoie hand and walking to the G wagon.

" This nice when you get this? " Ja'Nyli asked, as she opened the back door placing Zoie in the backseat and pulling the seat belt across her.

" I wantchu ta' drive it. " Marcus said, as he hopped in the passenger seat. Ja'Nyli scrunched her face up, before chuckling, " umm ok "

" Gyatt!! " Ja'Nyli semi shouted as she adjusted the seat to her liking. " got me sitting all the way back in Egypt " she laughed as she scooted the seat up some.

" When you get this?" She asked pulling down the road. " and whea we going? "

Marcus gave her his phone with the GPS on as she sat it in her lap, " You like this? " Marcus asked, as he glanced over at Ja'Nyli who was looking down at her lap at the GPS.