TWENTY

Thanksgiving was approaching in the next week, so Ja'Nyli decided to host it at her house. Marcus family would be attending, along with Ja'Nyli sister, and grandmother.

They also invited Tori and her family to accompany them, knowing it would be rough for her because of her situation.

Ja'Nyli was in charge of the Turkey, dressing, yams, and pumpkin pie. While Marcus took the duties of homemade pumpkin spice lattes, and preparing the rest of the hot beverages that would be served.

Everyone had an job to do at the family thanksgiving. Even Zoie had a role to play, helping Ms. Ann and Lynx set up and decorate for the thanksgiving dinner.

Maliyah, Saint, and I'ceya took on duties as finding family games for them to enjoy, before dinner. So far they had came up with Karaoke, and black card Revoked, they were hoping to find some more games very soon.

Micheal and Chamberlyn wasn't giving to much to do being that they still had a two month old baby to care for. They were just responsible for bringing paper products and soft drinks for the ones who didn't want hot beverages.

Aiva and Synthia were ordered to only bring them selves. Ja'Nyli knew how heavy handed her sister can get with salt sending everyone's blood pressure up into the hundreds, and Synthia, she just couldn't damn cook.

Granny  was to make her famous potato salad, and pound cake. She also decided to bring an upside down cake, pineapple dump cake, strawberry shortcake, and German chocolate cake. She said you can get enough of sweets so why not make them all.

The rest of the covered dishes was to be made by anyone who felt like bringing something. They weren't to worried about not having enough food, at the end of the day everyone was going to bring a dish anyway.

It's been over a week since Ja'Nyli had talked to her mother. Still hurt from the way she disrespected her, Ja'Nyli could admit it was really taking a toll on her mental.

Forcibly trying to mask her true feelings, she just wanted an answer from her mother... and that was to know why? Why did she hate her so much? Ja'Nyli pride was to high to call her mother or Miles, even though Miles tried contacting her on multiple occasions, but she was just to hurt .

Ja'Nyli later learned that Aiva had moved out of her mothers house and into Synthia house. She was salty in the beginning, wondering why Aiva didn't ask her could she move in, but She gave a great reason, which Ja'Nyli could agree on.

Despite everything else, Marcus made sure Ja'Nyli was well taken care of, like he was doing before the engagement. People criticized his decision, saying he shouldn't have purposed to a girl whom he didn't call girlfriend, most of his fan base thought he was crazy while others seen no problem in it.

Marcus felt there wasn't no reason to girlfriend Ja'Nyli, when she was clearly Wifey Material. Marcus family approves of it, because they approved of Ja'Nyli so well.

Especially his mother, loved how well mannered Ja'Nyli was, so caring and forgiving. His father thought the same thing, along with his sister and brother.

He just wondered what happen to Ms. Kenya. It was like a demon casted into her, slowly Ripping her away from her family. Not even Miles knew what was really wrong with her, other than some health conditions she was recently diagnosed with, but he never went into detail about what it was, he just told the girls to pray for their mother.

It was a sunnier day in November, Not so much windy either. The weather truly differentiate in Charleston. Sometimes it would settle for warmer days, when the rest would be cooler days in the winter, you would never know what you was getting.