Six

𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐔𝐒 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐃 𝐙𝐎𝐈𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 walked through Charlotte mall. Ja'Nyli was still feeling salty about earlier so she kept her distance from them.

Marcus wore a ball cap, with Black shades to disguise his look again. He didn't want to put Ja'Nyli nor Zoie in any stress with fans.

" Ouu! " Zoie motioned as she was pointing towards the American Girl store. " you wanna doll? " Marcus looked down at her, as Zoie nodded her head and grinned pulling Marcus toward the store.

" Zo, youn née- welcome to American Girl, can I help you with anything? " a store associate said cutting Ja'Nyli off.

" the floo is yours mama" Marcus smiled down at Zoie, who was already giving him puppy pouts. " Dis one!" Zoie pointed at the black doll.

" alrighty sweetheart, would you like to pick out some accessories? " The associate asked, as she looked back at Marcus " Only if it's fine with your dad—Uncle " Ja'Nyli corrected.

" Uncle sorry. "

" Yea gon head," Marcus said, as Zoie ran off picking up random stuff for her doll. Ja'Nyli followed her around as Marcus sat by on a nearby bench watching as Zoie threw stuff in Ja'Nyli hand.

" Okay Zo that's enough let's go," Ja'Nyli said as she grabbed Zoie's hand, guiding her towards the front counter.

" Okay girly, I see you've found some good stuff for your doll... have you thought of a name? " The associate asked Zoie, as she folded up the doll's clothes.

" what you wanna name her? " Ja'Nyli asked her daughter as she bent down picking her up.

" Umm... snowflake " Zoie smiled, as Ja'Nyli giggled.

" Snowflake it is! "

"And do you want a warranty on the doll in case it gets damaged or broken? " the lady asked as she typed on the computer.

" yes that's fine " Ja'Nyli nodded as the woman continued typing.

" and would you like to receive emails from us about sales and new products? " Ja'Nyli nodded.

" your total is $425.16 "

Ja'Nyli pulled out her bank card as Marcus was already making transactions. " hea' get this bag zo " Marcus said, causing Ja'Nyli to look up confused.

" I was gon pay for it..." Marcus ignored Her walking off with Zoie by his side. Ja'Nyli stood back, wanting to see how long it would take him to realize that he had left her. So she sat on the store bench, watching them as they walked in and out of stores with different bags.

" You want sum shoes Zo? " Marcus asked, as she nodded her head. Marcus held her hand as they walked into the kids' footlocker.
Marcus's hands were killing him with all the bags he held onto.

American Girl, Footlocker Kids, regular Footlocker, Louis Vuitton, and Lids. " I'm sweepy " Zoie whined, putting her head on Marcus' leg.

" C'mon Zo we almost at the Ca'. "

Ja'Nyli walked into Torrid looking for some Jeans to go with the shirt she brought out of Old Navy. Wonder if we doing something fancy. She thought as she stood by the store door contemplating if she wants to find a dress.

Breaking her focus, her phone buzzed making her pull it out of her purse.

" Whea you at? " Marcus asked.

" in the mall. What do you want? "

" You needa drop the at— " Ja'Nyli hung up the phone before he could finish his sentence. She hates when people tell her what she NEEDED to do. If you weren't Kenya or Alvin, you can't tell her shit cause you weren't her parents.