THIRTEEN

Ja'Nyli rolled over to her side, throwing her arm over Marcus whom was still sleeping. She felt the emptiness between the two, making her scoot closer to him.

" wake up Sunshine! " she told him, as she planted kisses on his forehead.

Ja'Nyli did what she do every morning, rubbed Zoie's face to feel her smooth skin. So she did so, except it was to Marcus.

Jerking out of her unconscious mind she rolled out of bed falling on the floor. Ja'Nyli heart raced as she realized she was kissing on Marcus face thinking Zoie was beside her.

" you good down Thea?" Marcus chuckled. He had been  awoken the whole time.

Ja'Nyli stormed out of the room embarrassed by her actions. She went into the living room laying on the couch and throwing her fluffy blanket over her.

Meanwhile Marcus laughed to himself before getting out of the bed. He stretched his arms towards the sky as his body trembled a little following with a yawn.

He sat at the edge of the bed shirtless, complementing on if he wanted to stay in bed or get up.

It was silent as he stared off into space just thinking. His stomach growled loudly than usual making him grab his stomach.

Getting out of the bed, he walked down the hallway hoping to see Ja'Nyli was cooking breakfast, but she wasn't. Instead she was still on the couch embarrassed about the little incident.

Marcus chuckled to himself lowly, as he opened the refrigerator door. Taking out the eggs and bacon from the fridge, he then placed it on the kitchen counter.

Going over to the cabinet, he placed the pancake mix on top of the counter. Marcus placed his hands on the counter as he leaned against it.

He watched hearing Ja'Nyli sniff from what he thought was her crying. Walking over towards the couch he tapped her foot, as he was concerned about her.

" you good Ja?" He asked. Ja'Nyli threw the covers of her body clicking her tongue against the root of her mouth, and sniffing hard.

" I'm good, my allergies just getting the best of me right now. " she said, scratching her throat.

Marcus returned back into the kitchen to prepare for breakfast. He wanted it to be special for the ladies.

Marcus laughed at The sound of Zoies beads bouncing up and down as she ran through the house. " mornin' Zomama!" Marcus said cheerfully as picked her up and placing her on the counter before hi-fiving her.

Minutes later, Karri walked into the living room rubbing her eyes as a pout formed on her face.

" what's wrong Karitta? " Marcus asked picking her up and placing her beside Zoie.

" Karri kicked me in my sweep! " Zoie crossed her arms pouting. " now my back hurts"

" they was coming to get me! The booger man" Karri whined, reaching for Marcus. " I'm scared"

" you just had a bad dream Karitta dass it, the Boogyman is not real." Karri sucked her thumb as she held onto Marcus, " Karri listen I'm not gone let them boogyman get you okay?" He told her as she nodded her head.

" tan we help cook? " Zoie asked grabbing the waffle box scanning her eyes across the nutrition label.

" it says 130 Ca-ca- Calories " Marcus corrected her.

" where do I get the calories from? " Zoie said getting up and going towards the spice shelf.

" Zoie baby, leave the cooking to me okay... I let you cook something else" Marcus laughed as he placed her on the floor of the counter.