A Roommate?!

Rosemary continued to walk down the large hallway while Shane followed behind her looking at the area around him once again until She and then Shane both stopped, reaching a point where the hallway ended revealing the last two doors of the building.

One of them had the number sixty one written on a small whiteboard that's attached to the door and the other had the number sixty two written on a small whiteboard that was also attached to the door. Rosemary then reached into her pocket pulling out a ring of keys and found the one that was needed as she proceeded to open door number sixty one with it. "Go on, check it out," Rosemary told him, advising him to step inside the room.

He did what she said and walked inside the room, feeling the soft blue carpet rest on his feet as he stood in silence seeing the scenery around him being relatively clean and colorful with a bit of sunlight gazing from the window. The room's walls were wooden while the ceiling was gray; it contained two bunk beds with sheets, blankets, and pillows on each bed. There were also four, two door oak wardrobes not too far away from the beds and next to the wardrobes were drawers and wall outlets, the drawers having the same finish as the wardrobes.

Shane turned and noticed next to him a small flat screen television placed on top of a TV stand as he saw the remote control under the television to which he grabbed to look at. "Man this is... pretty fancy for an orphanage" Shane compliments in ah at how nice the interior looked. "Well we don't live in the dark age's you know, so we thought and agreed... it's time to change up the place a bit, to make it a little more comfortable and cleaner for the others" Rosemary responded seeing him look around more. "That's nice of you all to do, I bet the others really appreciate what you did around here" Shane said to her.

"They certainly do. It's the least we can give them to make them and new kids feel safe and welcomed around here... *phone ringing* Anywho I best be getting back to important matters, you in the meantime can rest easy, just don't make a ruckus is all I ask" Rosemary told him nicely. "I won't. see ya later" Shane replies before she shuts the door and answers the phone call before heading on her way, leaving Shane in his room by himself as he places his backpack on the ground next to the closet as he laid onto the bottom part of the bunk bed feeling the warmth of the white colored bed sheets.

"aah... relaxation" Shane said to himself. "I mean with how comfortable this bed is, I think I should take her suggestion... maybe I should just take a little nap" Shane added as his eyes started to open and close. "Yeah that sounds like a good idea, maybe I should just take a quick nap... just a little... quick... nap" Shane proceeded to closed his eyes as he drifted off to sleep.

however it wouldn't last long as seconds later he overhear a sound of somebody getting up and off one of the beds which made him slowly open his eyes after hearing but as  he moved his body to the right to get more comfy, his eyes were surprised when he saw with his half closed eyes, a bipedal dog standing there staring at him with confusion as they tried to figure out why he was there and asked.

"Hello there" Hearing that, his eyes instantly widened and so he awaken to see their presence freaking out in the process. "Holy cow!" Shane yelled before rolling off the bed and onto the floor to which he immediately got up with his fist up in fear, staring straight at them as he saw the individual more clearly. He noted their breed of dog looked to be a corgi wearing a purple t-shirt, black leggings, white sneakers, and finally they wore a black jean jacket with three pins attached on the right side of the jacket. The bipedal dog then stared at him only to realize looking a tad bit down that he had his fist up ready to defend himself.

"Hey dude relax... I didn't realize you were jumpy" The corgi said trying to ease the situation, their voice sounding feminine. "Jumpy? you scared the crap out of me! Miss... wait a minute you're a girl?" He responds in both confusion and fear before he then got cut off by them. "Yeah So? What are you... scared of girls or something? As far as I'm concerned it sounds more like you scared yourself, more than I scared you" the corgi responded back.

"No of course I'm not scared of you, it's just last I knew about orphanages. The boys and girls don't exactly stay in the same room together, but that's not the point, what the heck are you doing in my room?" Shane asked which made her raise an eyebrow. "Excuse me, your room? You're joking right? Cause if not, to tell you in my more nicer tone of voice... This room in reality belongs to me! Scarlet Corgi to be exact" She said while getting up in his face.

"Scarlet? Corgi?" Shane wondered in confusion after hearing her name. *Sigh* "I was going to tell you that a second ago, however you decide to freak out and debate over who owns this room... but yeah the name's Scarlet, Scarlet Corgi and before you ask, no my parents didn't originally name me Clarissa" Scarlet said. "Umm... ok then, my name's Shane, Shane McKinley" He told the corgi to which her eyes jolted up in shock after hearing his name.

"Wait Shane?, you're not that kid from Canada, right?! Oh my god you are, no way! Look I am so sorry about coming across as rude earlier. I had no idea it was actually you" Scarlet said excitedly. "I can't believe this, I can't believe this" She continued saying while walking left and right with enthusiasm. "I take it you're pretty happy to see me huh?" Shane comments before He proceeded to sit down on the bed. She also did the same, sitting down next to him and chilling out a bit to explain.

"Kid, you don't even know the end of it. if I knew it was you the whole time I would've let you stay in here no problem at all, not that I wasn't going to regardless, but anyway I heard from the other kids in here, about how you were going to stay here and that you were a male human from Vancouver I think, so I just got fascinated and wanted to meet you" Scarlet said. "Why's that?" Shane asked.  "I'm not sure, I guess since I was born and raised down here in Australia, my interactions with others were mostly naive to here, not really much of meeting people or dogs from different places or cultures of the world," She explained to him.

"Well not gonna lie, but we don't really have dogs like you up in Canada" Shane said only for then to receive a confused and surprised reaction from her which led to him explaining it better.

"Yeah even though it's now seen as the new norm, your species hasn't exactly evolved to other territories yet, probably explains from what I'm seeing, there's two different versions of everything, like for some reason they have two versions of snickers but out of those two, the one has a different name but taste exactly the same as a snickers" Shane told her which made her giggle a bit. "You're get used to it, just like how I'll have to get used to you for the time being" She joked, giving him a small smile before standing up from sitting on the bed. "Anywho I have a proposal, we should celebrate"

"Celebrate you say? I guess we can if you want, so what do you wanna do exactly?" Shane asked. *Snap* "oh I know just the thing plus this could benefit you by earning your keep" Scarlet told him making him confused. "Wait my keep? But I thought-" Shane said before the corgi cut him off.

"although I'm being nice to you and you're from a different part of the world that doesn't automatically mean you have a free pass for everything, I only gave you one with the room, but for the others? those you gonna earn" Scarlet said. "Fine I suppose, so what are we doing and when are we doing this?" Shane asked. "We'll talk about it when the time comes, I would say, wait maybe around three hours from now and then I'll explain more" She proposed. "You know that's nearly night time right?" Shane wondered. "Oh i'm aware, but trust me... that's the best when we head out for some fun"

To be continued