Bluey and Bingo

The human teenager sat in the living room upon the long red couch, a single day had passed by after he was found and welcome into the family courtesy of Bandit who him and his wife Chilli came to an agreement to let him use the living room, realistically there couches as a place to sleep and put his stuff somewhere as he was scrolling through his phone seeing if there was anything about his latest disappearance from the orphanage.

Both Bandit and Chilli recommended him to do so and then report back if he found any info, but looking through social media and news sites for 20 minutes now there had not even been a peep about it.

Shane POV

"I don't believe it. Not a single thing" I thought heavily, frankly I should have kept my expectations low considering the circumstances of my situation being new and all, not many people were aware except for Roy and Rosemary who were on the roof with me.

but while searching, I felt my stomach twist painfully with guilt thinking of the fact that this got the city's biggest celebrity involved in all of this. Man, I think I'm really starting to regret this now. "Hello Mr. Human" Suddenly my concerns would end when I heard a young feminine voice close to me. I knew for a fact it wasn't Chill nor Brandy as I moved my phone down and in front of me I saw a small blue heeler child. I recognized who it was earlier but forgot their name, I don't know how? But I did.

"Uh... Hi? What's your name again?" I spoke in a nervous tone, hoping to receive an answer about the blue heelers name. "I'm Bluey. My dad told me to not be afraid of you, so I came to say hi," The blue heeler child told me, noting their name was Bluey while I thought it was adorable that her dad wanted her to not be scared of me I tried to speak to her nicely to not seem scary.

"Oh I understand. Your dad's name is Bandit?" I ask nicely to which I only receive a little nod back, my answer was indeed correct. "Yeah," She admitted. "There's no need to be afraid of me, Bluey. I'm just a normal kid like you minus being older. You get that right?" I asked the blue heeler. She nodded yes again, clearly understanding what I'm talking about before she spoke.

"I do. I have an older friend actually, her name is Mia" Bluey told me. Huh, I didn't know she had an older friend. Is it somebody Bandit or Chilli knows? I would think more but I digress. "That's pretty cool" I said in response as Bluey continued speaking. "You two should meet sometime, you'll make good friends" She added to the conversation.

Honestly my priorities should be focused on solving the mess I started but in fairness since I'm going to be around for a while, I could make some new friends since one of them is missing and the other is back at the orphanage which remains me. "Sure. I would love to" I told Bluey who smiled that I wanted to meet her friend as I then looked at my phone until I heard Bluey speak again. "Hey Shane?" She asked nicely. "Huh?" I wondered before putting my phone down and giving her my full attention. Seems like she wanted to ask me something.

"Me and my sister wondered if you wanted to play with us outside?" Bluey then asked me nervously. I saw that her tail was slightly wagging when she said that which I found cute and couldn't say no to her considering she was being nice about it. Really my only experiences with kids or a kid specifically were the times I had to babysit my cousin for my aunt and uncle in Montreal while they went to an annual festival. "Alrighty why not" I said to which the blue heeler's tail wagged faster while smiling, before she shouted.

"Hooray! Then let's head outside" She said as my left hand was grabbed by the blue heeler before she pulled me off the couch and headed into the kitchen where we passed by presumably heading outside which gave it away when she opened a side door and we were now in their backyard.

Seeing the area previously it was still as beautiful as ever as the sun shined before I saw Bluey let go of my hand and ran over to her youngest Sister who was drawing something before stopping at the sight of Bluey. "Bingo you got the radio?" Bluey asked her sister which she nodded. "I do," She replied before pointing at the radio which was sitting on a small wooden bench in front of a huge tree as Bluey ran and grabbed it to bring it back to her sister while I walked over to them.