A familiar Face

My vision became blackened. It was Bandit who had done so, covering my eyes with his hands to avoid me seeing a supposed surprise he and the others conjured up. I could tell for starters we were going upstairs, where too? No clue. but considering they were excited to show me, I could only assume.

Maybe it could be something nice like a gift they got me for helping around the house for a month now. Oh yeah I forgot to mention, about a month has passed since the incident with the tradies and it's been quite nice, it is now March 21 which just so happens to be my 17th birthday... speaking of which, I wonder if the heelers know anything about that?

"You Ready Shane?" Bandit had asked me, seems likely we had arrived at what the blue heeler wanted to surprise me with as I nodded yes to his question. His hands slowly moved away from his face, my eyes could see a light approaching until my vision became clearer, what I saw was a bedroom in front of me.

"Surprised!" The heelers and Brandy yelled in unison, the bedroom I seen was of a small interior with wooden floors that have a watermelon rug on top of it and the walls had a darkish green color to it, comprised of a medium sized bed, a lounge chair, a dresser, a desk and lastly a flat screen television that stood on a tv stand. "Is this for me?" I asked them in confusion. "It's a gift from all of us, Happy Birthday Shane" Chilli exclaimed while wrapping her arms around me in a little hug which I embraced back before we both let go, I was stunned to hear that as I haven't told them my birthday was today... How did they knew?

"How did all you know?" I asked, to which Bandit enlightened me. "The girls noticed your phone went off notifying you that today was your birthday and we felt bad you couldn't celebrate it with your family, so we agreed to conjure up a gift for you. There was an empty room that used to be Bluey's room before she moved back with her sister and since I wanted you off the couch I thought... why not let you have your own room for the time being" Bandit explains firmly to me as I looked around the room in awe.

"I... I don't know what to say" I told the five of them, shocked yet amazed at the fact I was given my own room as Bandit and Chilli came over to me. "You don't need to. After everything you've been through the past month, you at least deserve a positive birthday" Chilli calmly told me, I gave them both a hug before replying.

"Thank you" I uttered as they embraced my hug back. "That's not all we've done for you Shane, however this one we're gonna need to go for a car ride" I blinked seeing Brandy standing there as she jumped in the conversation, I raised an eyebrow at what she said, what exactly did she mean this wasn't the only gift? "Alright where to?" I asked with curiosity.

Minutes later, I sat in the backseat of the heeler's jeep. Bluey and Bingo were to my right as their parents were up front with Bandit at the wheel, Brandy took her own vehicle which I jokingly said earlier, "why doesn't she sit in the trunk?" which she responded by giving me a face that basically told me "that is not happening" but I digress as Bandit parked into a parking lot.

"We're here Mate" He turned to tell us. I, Chilli and Bandit then stepped out of the car, soaking in the fresh air, while Chilli was helping Bluey and Bingo get out of the car I walked forward to see the very location we were at. A park, more specifically a playground with the usual stuff that would be at one but over by it was a small area consisting of a small basketball court with one hoop, an outdoor table and finally some swings.

"Mate!" I jumped hearing a male voice from a distance, looking to the left I saw some fellow looking bipedal dogs sitting down on a wooden table who waved at me. Or so I thought as I noticed Bandit was next to me waving at them back, seems like they didn't notice me and like the tradies He must've known them as well. "Come on Shane, let's go greet them" Bandit said, signaling me to follow him. I was a bit nervous but went with him with Brandy, Chilli and her kids following behind us.