The Big Surprise

On the sidewalk for a good ten minutes,
Shane walked straight ahead while gazing at the households, buildings and apartments with the street lights illuminating the quiet area he was passing by, in his mind he knew this was only a fraction of what Brisbane had to offer and that more was waiting to be explored around the different districts.

"Haven't been on the streets this late at night, huh?" Scarlet said, breaking the silence while walking to the left of him. "Not exactly. I think the only time I got close was when my parents took me to one of their friends' New Year's party which I wasn't too fond of," Shane said to her back. "Not a fan of being a kid in an all grown ups party?" Scarlet asks him.

"Actually there were others my age at the party, it's just the choice of food was, I would say pretty gross. Ever tried salmon on pizza?" Shane asks her back only to receive a look of disgust on her face while her eyebrows raised as well. "Ugh! What?" She responded. "Or how about spaghetti with tuna meatballs?" Shane asks her again only to receive an even more disgust look on her face.

"Eww, gross! Shut up, are you trying to make me sick? Cause if I puke you're getting it on you" Scarlet told him. "Alright I'll stop" Shane replies then goes back to looking around seeing billboards with advertisements. For the most part they were nothing surprising, just ads for things like radio stations, smartphones, voting for a new mayor, etc.

"So are we there yet or nah?" Shane asked the corgi with wonder. "Not even close... I think it's still another four minutes but once you start seeing a gas station you'll know we're there" Scarlet told him. "You mean that one?" Shane asks her, pointing straight ahead at a nearby gas station to which her eyes widen after realizing that's actually the one she was looking for. "Wait a sec" The corgi said before proceeding to run over to the gas station with Shane following her as he noted two parked cars next to gas pumps before he stopped after reaching the front door with her. "Dang I thought it was way farther away than that, guess I'm wrong" Scarlet told the human. He then looked up at the bright neon sign seeing the gas station was named 7-eleven.

"Is this a 7-eleven?" Shane asked with a confused expression on his face. "Yep this is it. A true specimen of what humans brought over to us dogs" The corgi told him. "Why's that?" He wondered. "You haven't been here before?" Scarlet asked him back. "No" Shane said to which she reacted with a smile. "Ah man. You are in for a treat then! Come on" She said excitedly as the two headed inside via the automatic doors. The atmosphere was pretty quiet with not that many individuals inside but to their left a gas station clerk was behind a checkout counter seemingly on his phone looking at his social media account.

"It's right over here" Scarlet said as she walked to the back of the store with Shane following. While passing through the aisles, they both saw rows and rows of different foods, medicines, candy, etc. but one standed out from all of it as both Scarlet and Shane walked over to it. The human saw with his two eyes a medium size flashy machine that had the name Slurpee written in bold neon text as Scarlet then went over to it. "Shane I would like to present to you Slurpee, this slushy machine is like I said a true gift from you humans to us dogs" Scarlet announced, presenting the machine to the human.

"A slushy machine?" Shane asked with confusion. "I know right and the best part is it's some dang good slushy at that. Here I'm gonna get us both the super sized ones cause I need you to go grab me some stuff, what kind of flavor do you want?" Scarlet asks him as he then takes a look at the different flavors seeing the four options being mixed separately. The four choices were: cherry, blue raspberry, mountain dew circus, and finally grape as Scarlet chose the latter picking the mountain dew flavor which to him wasn't surprising in all honesty.

"Let's see... how about get me a cherry and blue raspberry" Shane told her what he wanted. "Ah, mixing two flavors huh? I like your style kid" She replied seemingly being pretty surprised by what he chose as the corgi then grabbed another super sized cup and filled it up. "Anywho, here go grab some stuff for me" Scarlet said, grabbing a paper from her pocket and reaching it out to Shane as he then grabbed it and took a look at it.