One Tough Decision

Later that Same Night

It was the middle of midnight and Shane was in his bed fast asleep while snoring heavily. But unaware to his presence somebody got up from the bed that was next to him and went over to a closet, grabbing an envelope and a large duffel bag as they placed the envelope onto a desk and headed for the door, passing by Shane's bed they had made it to the door as they grabbed a hold of the knob before slowly opening it enough for them to go through without any trouble.

After opening the door they looked back at Shane's bed with sadness, seeing he was still asleep. "Goodbye Shane" They said quietly as the moonlight shines from the window and onto them, being now visible that it was Scarlet Corgi who then walked out of the room before closing the door behind her.

The Human was now left alone, asleep without any clue of what had happened. However something began to shine on the floor in the middle of the room, it was a pin with the design of a heart with an arrow through it.

The next day

It was now the next day where sunlight began to rise around the city and so did Shane who had awakened from his bed as well. He then started to briefly stretch out his arms before grabbing his phone and turned it on, noting the time and date was 8:30am on Thursday, February eleventh. "Ah just in time to say good morning" Shane comments as he gets off the bed and stretches his legs.

He then opened the doors to his closet and put on some new clothes consisting of his favorite blue jacket, a black naruto t-shirt, blue jeans and finally his purple and black sneakers which he grabbed from a cubby within the closet.

"Hey you awake Scarlet?" Shane asked looking at Scarlet's bed while putting on his shoes, however he didn't receive any response back. This made him slightly confused but shrugged it off as Shane finished putting on his shoes and went over to her bed seeing there were some bumps under the blanket.

"Scarlet let's go get some breakfast, I heard they were having pancakes and" Shane said as he pulled the blankets off the bed and grasped seeing instead of Scarlet it was three large pillows. "Umm Scarlet?" He questioned going over to the other side and removing the blanket to also see nothing.

"Scarlet! Scarlet?!" Shane yelled as he looked around the room until he noticed something shining on the floor which made him go over to it and saw it was a pin with the design of a heart with an arrow through it and this made his eyes widened realizing it was Scarlet's. "Oh no she left one of her pins, Where the heck did Scarlet go?!" Shane asked, now being more concerned than before but then he turned around and saw her desk.

It was a white envelope, one that made him go over to and take a look at it as he flipped it over and saw his name on the envelope written in black pen. "To Shane?" He wondered with a confused expression on his face. He opened the envelope to see a letter with a small sentence on the left side of the letter that said Dear, Miss Corgi as he pulled the whole letter out to read it in its entirety.

"Dear, Miss Corgi. It is with immediate news that we have finally come to a decision regarding your future plans. As of today, starting Monday of next week you and your belongings will be transferred to a new facility, different from the one you are currently at. Please note that we are aware that this might be a lot to deal with and we will give you all the time you need to prepare. For additional information related to where you will be staying at, it will be on the bottom of this letter. Hope to meet you there soon. Sincerely Amy Davidson, senior advisor" Shane read out the message to himself before looking down at the bottom of the letter to see two different names and addresses.

"Let's see.... Scarlet Corgi, currently staying at Brisbane City Orphanage. Plans of transferring to... New Zealand?!" Shane said with complete shock in his voice. "But... if she's going there next Monday then why would she leave so early?" Shane wondered more only for his eyes to lock onto a small sticky note attached to the paper that read Dear Shane. "Huh. What's this?" Shane asked himself before reading it.

"Dear Shane. I'm... shit I wish I could have told you earlier... about what had happened. But I guess it's too late for that now isn't it? As you know now they were planning on having me be transferred to another orphanage next week. I try to tell them I didn't want to because I wouldn't get to see you again but... it was already final. I realized there was nothing I could've done... Other than leave, all I want for you to do now is to stay at the orphanage and don't try to find me. You're family means more to you Shane, don't try to make things worse by trying to leave and look for me. I know that this is not what you expected but please don't try looking for me... I'm Sorry. Sincerely your friend Scarlet" Shane reads to himself while his eyes teared up and he dropped the letter and the envelope onto the ground.

Meanwhile

At the Heelers household

At the Heelers household. Bandit was sitting on the couch with his oldest daughter Bluey. He was on his phone while streaming Frozen on Disney plus for Bluey who saw The snow queen named Elsa on a snowy hill at night singing.

"Let it go, Let it go! Can't hold it back anymore! Let it go, let it go! Turn away and slam the door! I don't care what they're going to say! Let the storm rage on!! The cold never bothered me anyway" Elsa sang. "Why does this song sound so catchy?" Bandit commented while overhearing the song on the television. "I don't know," his daughter Bluey responded.

Bandit then heard a ping noise coming from his phone to which he looked at and saw a text from Ross. "Hey Mate. I know we talked yesterday at your house but I need you once again" Ross texted to the blue heeler. "How so?" Bandit responded back to the message. "Come to my office around 5:30pm" Ross texted again and then typed out another message.

"It's about some new opportunities" Ross added onto the other text message.

To Be Continued...