Family Reunion

Breakfast was now served in the orphanage, the area itself being packed with kids ranging from humans and anthros in line to grab what was on the menu that day. All except for one that being Shane who already had his tray of food as he sat alone at a table In the corner over by where all vending machines were for the staff, He played and picked at his food feeling down in the wayside to even eat a solid bite, all he think of was Scarlet and how she left last night without his acknowledgment. "Ahem?" However his train of thought would come to an end as his eyes looked up to see someone in front of him.

A bipedal dog wearing a purple varsity jacket with a black eyepatch on their right eye and a masculine sounding voice to boot, who was clear to Shane their breed was of a Doberman due to them having long perked up ears and a slightly all black fur color only that they had a bit of fawn around their face and legs. "Is this table taken by any chance?" The Doberman asked Shane who didn't respond, instead looking back down to pick at his food again.

"Who's asking?" Shane finally questions him with a hint of sarcasm in his voice. "Well considering I'm the only one here. It's just me" He answered his question only to barely even receive a response back from the human teenager who still was playing with his breakfast.

"Look, the other tables are filled up and you're the last one that's available. If I had the time to negotiate with others, I would've done it already but even then that would've been extremely pointless, so would you be ok if I sit here for right now?" He then dropped the question, Shane remained silent for a brief second but decided to give in to the Doberman's offer and let him sit at his table as he sighed in agreement.

"Fine, if you insist" Shane grumbled to which The Doberman lightly smiled as he chose to sit down next to him. The two sat and ate their breakfast but an awkward silence had formed as the Doberman saw that Shane was visibly upset and possibly angry about something which made him rather curious about what the human's deal was which then he calmly asked him.

"You seem to be rather down in the gutter? Mind telling me what's wrong?" He asked the human teenager, breaking the awkward silence between the two while Shane sighed again. "It's.. not a big deal, I'll get over it soon or later" Shane told him back, refusing to budge out what he's really upset about as he then took a drink of water.

"Is it about Scarlet leaving the orphanage last night?" The Doberman asked. Him asking this made Shane instantly spit out his drink as he then looked at the bipedal dog with wide-eyes. "Excuse me?! Wait- how do you... How do you know about that?!" Ethan stuttered, being both shocked and surprised at the same time, at what he just asked.

"Eh? What do you mean? Literally everybody in this orphanage knows about her quote on quote "Great Escape" it's like the big gossip going on around here right now" The Doberman explains which made Shane even more puzzled as the Doberman just sighs. "Alright I'll cut the crap. I actually came over here on purpose... to speak to you, rumor has it that you want to leave the orphanage" He revealed to the human which added more to his surprised expression.

"Let me guess everyone knows about that too?" Shane wondered, considering he knew about what had happened to Scarlet and In Shane's mind this really wouldn't be far off from the truth. "I can see your phone. You literally just tried to google how to get out of an orphanage despite not being eighteen" He answered pointing down at his phone.

Shane looked and realized he was right, his phone next to his tray was still on and with the search results on Google clearly visible as he looked back at the bipedal dog embarrassed. "Oh..." Shane came to the realization, which the Doberman just face palmed as a result. "On the contrary. I should tell you who I am" He then changed the subject while Shane put his phone away in his pocket.