41

A/N oops?

*

Louis woke up to an empty and surprisingly, a really tidy room the next day. None of Harry's stuff were on the nightstand (that definitely were last night) and there were no clothes lying around the room. Maybe Harry had decided to tidy up a bit, even though most of the times his room was really clean. He got up and stretched out, before opening the door to go back to his room, so he can have a shower and get ready for his day.

He was glad him and Harry were on good terms now. Maybe they could start over and everything would be fine between them again. Last night was a weird time for both of them and he hoped they could put everything behind them and start over again. They both said some shit they regretted, but they didn't mean any of it. Louis knows this and he hopes Harry knows that too.

After he had showered and was clean shaved, he put on his black, crisp suit, ready to go downstairs and greet Harry properly.

Once he had climbed the stairs, though, there was no sign of Harry. Louis frowned at himself and went into the kitchen to check if the young man was there.

''Barbara, is Harry here?'' he asked and the woman turned away from the stove to look at Louis and shook her head, wiping her hands on her apron.

''No, Mr. Tomlinson.'' she replied and the older man nodded, before returning on the dining room, confused, but he assumed that the younger boy was outside or at yoga or something. That didn't shook off the weird feeling at the bottom of his stomach.

*

It's been four hours and still no signs of Harry. Louis tried calling him, but his phone was turned off, so he had no idea what else to do to get a hold of Harry. He called at his house and they informed him that Harry still hadn't returned and now he was just pacing around in his office anxious. What the hell was going on?

''Harry, if you're listening to this, please call me back. I'm worried.'' Louis said, sending a voicemail to Harry. Fucking hell, what was happening? Abby walked into his office, knocking on the door on her way in and Louis turned his body to face her.

''Sir, your meeting starts in half an hour.'' she informed him, but Louis shook his head immediately, grabbing his coat and exited his office, heading to the elevator.

''Cancel everything! I have a thing.'' he called out, before hearing the signature noise of the elevator doors closing and he sucked in a deep breath.

This was not good.

*

Louis quickly climbed the stairs to Harry's room, secretly hoping that his boy would be there, reading a book or sleeping. This was driving him nuts. He burst into the room and as it was expected, Harry wasn't there. Louis was getting sick of this. He headed over Harry's closet and opened it, just to make sure his shit were there, because this was driving him nuts.

Empty.

The only things hanging there were the towels, Louis had given him the first day he had moved in here. He pulled everything from the closet, letting it drop on the floor, before heading towards the joint bathroom to check, if Harry's stuff were still in there.

When the fuck did he manage to pack everything?

Why did he leave?

Why didn't say a fucking goodbye?

Sure, they fought yesterday, but they made up and Louis was sleeping in this exact room, so it wasn't possible for Harry to pack his things in the middle of the night and just take off like that. He opened every cupboard in the room which were empty too, except for the things that were there before Harry came.

''Fucking shit!'' Louis yelled, throwing everything that was in the cupboard and everything landed on the floor, smashing into a million pieces.

Where was Harry?

Louis was starting to get really pissed off by this. It better be a fucking joke or something.

*

Harry stepped out of the platform and took a deep breath. It smelled familiar, like childhood memories and happier days. He took a deep breath and pulled the earphones out of his ears, walking towards the gate, pushing his suitcase along with him. Being back to Cheshire felt unexpectedly good. Even though, he had left the person he loved the most behind, he wanted to see his family again and have a proper talk with them after months.

''Harry, is that you?'' a woman touched his bicep and Harry turned around to see his mother. He smiled immediately, wrapping his arms around her and she smiled, hooking her chin over his shoulder. Harry closed his eyes, feeling tears threatening to fall and he hadn't realized how much he had missed his family, especially his mother.

''My baby, how are you?'' she said, pulling away and she cradled Harry's face with her hands, smiling at her son and Harry leaned into her touch, trying to hold back his tears. Anne was almost crying too, seeing her child again after almost two years.

''I'm good, mum. I missed you so much.'' he mumbled against her shoulder. She rubbed soothing circles on his back and Harry sniffled a little.

''Robin came to see you too. He's missed you. Your sister is visiting soon, I hope you stay for a couple of weeks, yeah?'' she asked and Harry nodded immediately at his mother.

''Harry, son, how are you? It's been so long.'' Robin appeared next to Anne and wrapped his arms around his step-son and Harry smiled, hugging his step-dad back. Robin and Anne had been married for three years now and had been dating for longer. Robin was always like a good friend to Harry and since Harry was around sixteen, when he was first introduced to them, they both didn't feel the need to have that father-son relationship, which made everything easier. Still, Robin called him 'son' sometimes, because it just came out like that naturally.

''I'm good. Glad to see you both again.'' he squeezed him a bit and Robin chuckled.

''We missed you too, kid. You're gonna have to stay for a while to make up for all the holidays you canceled on us, though.'' his step-father joked and Harry smiled a bit at that. He was happy he was back home.