Chapter Twenty-Seven

'In a shocking twist of events, the Alpha of the Vermiculo pack, Kaden Delosa, has announced a new policy to forgive any displaced members of the Umbra pack. This policy will allow those forced to leave their homeland for a new pack to return to their homes under his protection until someone else can be appointed.

'Delossa was only newly appointed to Alpha early last month and has been relatively quiet since his partner, Elliot Clarke's ordeal with the pack last year. Insider sources say Clarke attended the National Warewolf Conferences earlier this year and was granted special access to participate in several discussions.

'While we cannot say for certain what Clarke's role is, we can assume she is being groomed for the position of Luna.

'Delossa credits Clarke with the decision to open their doors, stating it was a decision they discussed in detail together before consulting with their council. Continue watching to see the official announcement.'

Kaden stood before a podium, the pack's emblem displayed on the flags behind him. 'It has come to my attention,' his hardened stare moved from the camera for a moment, softening as he looked at something off-screen, 'that there is more I could have been doing for the people of the Umbra pack. After everything that had happened, I took a passive approach to the situation. I needed to be there for my family and ensure the people closest to me were safe and supported. Though this is still true today, I have spoken to members of the Umbra pack and realised it is not something I can continue to overlook.

'Others are hesitant to accept the Umbra pack into their own. While I understand your hesitancy, I can confidently say that the masterminds behind my mate, Elliot Clarke, and her friend, Kendra Mcgarth's kidnapping and unlawful detainment are no longer a concern.

'When Elliot first approached me with the need to support the Umbra pack actively, I was humbled. After what she experienced, no one would deny her the right to decide that the past holds too many memories, so if she can look past all that has happened and decide to help, then I hope others can too.

'Starting next week, September 23rd, we will be accepting people of the Umbra pack into our pack with the intention of finding someone to re-establish the pack. You must have lived in the Umbra pack during July and August last year to qualify and be a fully recognised member. We ask that people respect our decision to initially take on applicants on a need basis and later allow those who have found protection, among other packs, to return home. This will allow the most protection over a shorter period. We thank you for your patience as we navigate this change over the coming months.'

'Delossa has refused to comment further on the matter. The official page for the Vermiculo pack has announced a public forum to take place tomorrow, the 18th of September, to address all questions regarding the new policy.'