1

note:
this story is told from Miura's perspective

enjoy :)
---

I sat there in shock as my parents dropped the bombshell. They had arranged a marriage for me with a man named y/n. It was all so sudden, and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I looked over at y/n, who looked just as surprised as I was.

My mind was racing. How could my parents do this to me? I was only twenty-one years old and still in college. I had dreams and aspirations that didn't involve being tied down to someone I barely knew. But my parents were insistent. They had known y/n's parents for years and had always talked about arranging a marriage between us. Now that we were both adults, they felt it was time to make it happen.

I couldn't wrap my head around it. I barely knew y/n. We had gone to the same high school, but we had never been close. We even had a few arguments over the years. How were we supposed to spend the rest of our lives together?

But as my parents continued to talk, I could feel my resolve weakening. They were offering us a lot of money as a dowry, and I knew they wouldn't take no for an answer. Plus, y/n's parents were also pressuring him to agree. It was like we didn't have a choice.

Eventually, after much persuasion and bribery, y/n and I reluctantly agreed to get married. Our parents were overjoyed, but I couldn't shake the feeling that we had made a huge mistake.

As we left the restaurant that day, I felt like I was in a daze. I didn't know what to do or how to feel. I was scared, angry, and confused all at once. How was I supposed to tell my friends about this? How would they react?

The days that followed were a blur of activity. Our parents were busy making preparations for the wedding, while y/n and I were frantically trying to finish up our own work. I was still in college, studying Japanese language and culture. Y/n was a backend developer at a startup company.

It was during this time that I started to get to know y/n better. We talked about our work, our hobbies, and our families. I was surprised to learn that he was actually quite intelligent and had a good sense of humor. We even started to share some inside jokes and laugh together.

But despite this, I couldn't shake the feeling that we were only together because our parents had forced us into it. There were moments when I would catch myself daydreaming about what my life would be like if I had never agreed to the marriage. Would I be studying abroad in Japan? Would I have a boyfriend? It was all so overwhelming.

As the wedding day drew closer, I started to panic. I didn't know if I was ready for this. But then, y/n surprised me. He took me out to dinner one night and told me that he was scared too. He said that he didn't know if he was ready for this either, but that he was willing to try if I was.

Hearing that made me feel a little better. Maybe we didn't have to be enemies. Maybe we could make this work.

The wedding itself was a blur. I barely remember anything except for the fact that we exchanged vows and became husband and wife. It was all so surreal.

But as we left the reception and headed back to our new home, I knew that this was real. We were married, for better or for worse. And even though I was still scared, I knew that I was in this with y/n. We were in this together, and we would make it work, no matter what