7

It has been a few days since our argument, and I have been feeling distant from Y/N. He has been calling me during his breaks at work, just to ask me small things like how my day is going, and even giving me advice when I tell him about any problems I have encountered. It's an improvement from before, at least he's not just humming or nodding anymore.

When I come home from work, he asks me how my day was and even prepares dinner for us. It feels like he's making more of an effort now. We still don't talk as much as I would like, but I can feel that he's trying. I appreciate his effort, and it has made me feel closer to him again.

One evening, we were watching a movie together on the couch when he asked me if I wanted popcorn. I said yes, and he got up to make some for us. As he was making it, I thought about how much he has been trying lately. I decided to take the opportunity to talk to him.

"Y/N, I just wanted to say that I appreciate everything you've been doing lately. It means a lot to me that you're making an effort to be more present."

He looked at me and smiled, "Of course, Miura. I love you, and I want to make this work."

I smiled back at him, feeling warm and fuzzy inside. It was the first time since our argument that I felt like we were really connecting again.

After that, we talked more openly and honestly with each other. We still had our moments of miscommunication, but we were able to work through them together. It wasn't always easy, but we were committed to making our marriage work.

One day, Y/N surprised me by taking me out for a romantic dinner at our favorite restaurant. During dinner, he pulled out a small box and gave it to me. It was a beautiful necklace that I had been eyeing at the jewelry store.

"I noticed that you liked this necklace when we were out shopping together. I wanted to get it for you as a surprise," he said with a smile.

I was touched by his thoughtfulness and realized how lucky I was to have him as my husband. We had our differences, but we were committed to making each other happy.

From that day on, we made a conscious effort to communicate more effectively with each other. We still had our moments of silence, but we learned to appreciate each other's differences and find common ground.

As I lay in bed that night, I felt grateful for Y/N and for the effort he was making to make our marriage work. I knew that we still had a long way to go, but I felt confident that we could overcome any obstacles together as long as we continued to communicate and support each other.