Chapter 24 - Dario

"What?" she asked in fright when she heard me yell that motherfucker's name. He did not even deserve a normal name.

I ran my hand through my hair anxiously and stood before her. I saw red and needed to control my temper as soon as possible. "Why did you mention Atlas Barmbilla now? Did he reach out to you?" I was getting more irate by the second, so I grabbed my gun and rubbed my temple with it for some physical or mental relief. I probably looked like a psychopath ready to kill, but I did not care.

I am ready to kill.

Atlas is the reason for my anger issues, and I will not rest until I bury him six feet underground.

"Dario, calm down..." she softly said as she stood before me and tried to reach for my gun. I slapped her hand away without realizing I had used too much force, but I instantly regretted my action when I saw her shocked expression.

I am so stupid.

She's not part of the Mafia, Dario.

She is as innocent as they come.

Do not harm her.

The voice in my head kept repeating, and I took a deep breath. "Tell me, Bambi. Did he talk to you?" I asked in a softer tone, then looked at my grandpa, who was busy talking with my late Grandma.

She looked down at her feet, played with her fingers, and cleared her throat. "Atlas did reach out... I got emails and messages expressing how much he loves me and wants me to be with him." I removed the safety from the gun because I wanted to shoot something, preferably someone named Atlas.

He will fucking die by my own hands.

"I managed to block him every time he breached my firewalls, but he will not stop there. I am sure he will show up and do something major soon. Be careful; he's our enemy now."

How is Atlas so clever?

What was I doing wrong not to be able to catch him?

Am I incompetent?

Atlas was about fifteen years old when he killed my dad at his dad's orders, probably, and I was three or four. At the time, he was a fucking minor, and no one had managed to kill him yet. He was almost forty now but looked twenty-five. He probably did plastic surgery or something to appear younger, which was very disturbing.

Atlas stole my father away from us. However, he will not lay a hand on Bambi as long as I am alive since he thinks he sees a future with her.

I will keep his future away from his reach and murder him.

I could no longer contain my anger as my murderous thoughts roamed my head, so I swiftly raised my hand and shot an innocent bird. The gunshot made me snap back to reality, and I saw Bambi step back from me and Grandpa rush to our side. A few people were in the cemetery, but they ran away when they heard the gutwrenching sound.

I was not afraid of them calling the police because I had strong connections there; however, I did not want to have to explain why I fired my gun in broad daylight around civilians. I never did that before.

"Are you out of your fucking mind, stupido ragazzo?" Grandpa yelled as he snatched the gun from my hand. He secured it and put it in his pocket hoodie. "Are you okay, Jolene?" I looked at her pale face when Grandpa asked her. I felt like a piece of shit for letting my wrath get the best of me when I promised I would not let her witness such sights.

I am a fucking liar.

"I am fine, but clearly, Dario is not. Let's go back and talk it out," she replied and walked to the car.