Chapter 61

It had been eight months since the Ball. I was busy recovering from my gunshot wound all these months while preparing for the affordable Hansely's branch, which opened yesterday.

We placed it in the middle of an active area in Sicily where anyone could see the watches and prices through the glass, encouraging people to enter. No one felt embarrassed inside since they already knew the costs, and I wanted to make my customers as comfortable as possible. It was a massive success as people from lower socioeconomic backgrounds came, looked around, and some even bought watches, either as gifts or for themselves.

Despite the board's protests back in New York, I decided to offer gift cards and discounts for people who actually needed them. I ignored the greedy men's intentions and orders this time because it was my plan, my story, and my initiative. 

I was a CEO for a reason, and I planned on exploiting my privileges to be of service to others. I still managed the main company remotely with Dad's help. Phoebe's job here in Sicily helped mediate between the two cities and expand our deals with other investors.

Every human had the right to enjoy whatever they wanted in life. I just made it possible for unfortunate people to experience what wealthier ones buy daily without busting their wallets. These low prices barely affected our income since the first branch in Sicily was and still is a huge hit, and we had branches all over the US that were as popular. 

Hansely's Watches grew its revenue by thirty-four percent in the first eight months, above the average growth rate of other companies.

As our rapid success became prominent, rival companies tried to sabotage us by hacking into our systems. However, my firewalls and security system were invincible as I learned my mistakes from Atlas. At least I got one good thing from that dead fucker.

"I will annihilate your wallet today!" Lazlo said as we sat at a restaurant of his choosing. I had to make reservations three months ago because the restaurant was so popular and packed all the time, but he deserved it since I promised him a meal months ago. It was time to keep my promise.

I chuckled at his enthusiasm. "It's cute that you think this will annihilate my wallet. Order the whole damn menu, and you would still not make a dent in my pocket." I did not usually flaunt my wealth to anyone, but Lazlo here was exceptional. He loved these remarks and jokes, so I delivered them whenever I got the chance.

"Rich bitch speech," he replied casually as he grabbed the menu.

"Damn right. Your English has improved since the first time I saw you. Well done!" I looked over the list of food and ordered a few dishes as I was extremely hungry. 

I ate nothing but an energy bar today. Work kept me busy. I knew Dario would scold me if he knew, which was why I escaped from the house when he returned from his mafia meeting with the Russians.

He knew I was with Lazlo, so he decided to wait for me as patiently as possible. Besides, I promised to buy his favorite meal from this restaurant if he did not call to check on me. 

His protective side got worse after I was shot and became his fiance. He felt that his sole mission was to know my every move to keep me safe. I appreciated his concern, but it was overbearing sometimes, and I needed a break for a few hours.

"Joe, do you have something on Dario I could blackmail him with?" Lazlo's wicked smile made me curious, but it did not surprise me. I got used to the mafia's antics. They were childish sometimes.

"Dare I ask why?" I began devouring my plate, not caring about food etiquette.

Lazlo seemed to approve of my eating as he nodded proudly at my sauce-filled chin. "I want a week-long vacation to travel to Paris. I need a break, and Dario won't let me because he's jealous that you invited me to dinner and not him."

"That's dumb." I rolled my eyes. "I have a picture I took when I got here. He was trying to soothe a crying Andrea, but his face was priceless. I wanted to use it when the time was right, and I guess you could use it now," I recalled that day as I showed him the picture. Lazlo laughed his heart out at his don's facial expression. Dario looked ready to jump off a bridge.

"Perfectto! I will use it, but if it doesn't work, I need your help."

"Fine, now shut up and eat."

~~~

"If you promise any of my men anything again, I will kill them," was the first sentence I was greeted with when I stepped inside the house.

"Hello to you too, dear," I replied with a smile as I placed my car keys and purse on the counter. His scowl was adorable yet very dangerous at the same time. He scooped me in his arms and threw me over his shoulder. "Bitch, let me go!"

I tried to fight him off, but his grip was so tight that I gave up. He had been more handsy lately since I recovered completely from my gunshot wound, and he took the initiative to give me the best releases of my life. We were still waiting for our wedding to go all the way, but we were happy.

"No. I need to show you something," Dario said as he walked to the bathroom and placed me on the counter, my back to the mirror. He leaned in and kissed me gently before unbuttoning his dress shirt.

"What are you doing?" I placed my hands on my knees and waited.

"Since I am in love with you and words cannot possibly convey what I truly feel, I decided to show you," he said as he took off his shirt, revealing his toned body and fine abs, but what caught my attention was the wrap around his shoulder.

I jumped and stood behind him to see his back. "Are you hurt?" I tried to touch the bandage, but he held my hands.

"No, amore. I am fine. I got a new tattoo, and I want you to be the first to see it," he whispered as he kissed my forehead. "Since we have matching scars on our chest now, I wanted to match the scar on your shoulder..."

I carefully removed the bandage and gasped when I saw a fresh scar tattoo, a replica of mine. However, what was written around it made my tears fall like rivers on rainy days. "Oh, Dario..." I choked as I gently ran my fingers on my name.

He tattooed my scar and name on his body.

"I love you, Bambi."

"I love you more, Dario." I crashed my lips on his before giving him time to say anything and fought him for dominance. For the first time, he let me take over and devour his mouth. 

I was putting all my emotions into this kiss. I was a crying mess but happy. "I... won... in life... with... you," I expressed between kisses, and he roamed my body with his rugged hands, enjoying our contact.

After a while, he took over, wrapped my legs around his waist, and dropped me on our bed. "Tu mi completi, amore," he said in the Italian that I had learned from him, kissing my jaw and helping me remove my dress.

"You complete me too, Dario."

~~~ 

11.11.2023 

I am not ready to part from this book! 

The epilogue will be up in about half an hour.