Chapter 5

He paid me a visit after hours. He didn't like that his name had been in the streets...

Y/N finished moving the last piece of furniture in her shop. Sneaker Rackz was finally back up and a hefty donation from her brother's bulletproof storefront glass made Y/N feel a bit safer. It was after hours and Y/N wanted to be open for customers the next day.

She winced at her knee. It was still sore. Her anxiety had been heightened since the last two shootings. Y/N knew she couldn't take any chances. A fresh pistol was tapped under her first register by the emergency exit.

Her ears perked up when she heard the bell go off, "Sorry we're closed. Gotta come back tomorrow."

Her back was turned as she finished wiping down the display case. She froze when she didn't get a response. She turned around gasping once she saw him. He smiled leaning against the registers.

"Hi, Y/N."

Y/N felt her belly tighten when he approached her, "You don't have manners, sweetheart?"

"I don't even know your name. How about you get out of my shop?" She asked trying to avoid eye contact.

"I can't do that." He towered over her grabbing her chin. Her chest rose and fell as he lifted it to meet his eyes.

"What do you want from me?" Y/N pleaded feeling like she was about to lose her life.

He realized he was hurting her. He pulled away instantly giving her space, "I need a favor."

Y/N rubbed her chin, "What?"

She eyed the windows. It was a ghost town at night. That's why she always closed the shop before sunset. But today, the one day she needed to do something different, he showed up. He laughed sensing her nervousness.

"I promised I wouldn't hurt you. I won't. But that favor."

Y/N gave him her full attention. Maybe he'd leave her alone if she gave it to him.

"Tell those brothers of yours, I wasn't behind the fucking shootout."

Y/N laughed this time, "Are you serious."

"As a heart attack." Y/N could smell him from where he stood. A woody scent with a strong fling of cinnamon.

"And what if I don't do that for you," Y/N asked feeling bold.

He approached her again intoxicating her space, "Darlin' don't say that. I'm gonna have to do something bad."

Y/N almost flinched when he caressed her cheek, "Were you really behind the shootings? Could've killed me twice."

"Shh. You talk way too much." He evaded her question.

Y/N was quiet.

Oakley smiled again, "Look, your brother's got beef with Victor, not me. I ain't do shit." 

"Fine."

With that, he left her alone. By the time he made it to the door, he turned back, "The names Oakley."

....

Y/N sat in the hospital room with Amber. The machine beeped every now and then. Amber rubbed her stomach painfully, "They said I have to be on bed rest."

"I know it's hard but Amber you got shot," Y/N said moving her bag of snacks onto the bed.

Amber rolled her eyes, "I'm so tired of this gang shit."

Y/N couldn't face her. Amber nudged her shoulder, "Y/N what's going on."

Y/N hesitated. She could tell Amber what she knew. Who she met but that was going down the drain. But something about Oakley had her intrigued. He never threatened her physically but emotionally she was hooked.

Y/N smiled, "It's nothing. Just focus on delivering this healthy baby when the time is right."

Rashad entered the hospital room soaking up all of Y/N's air. He sat next to her in the visitor's chair, "You heard anything?"

Y/N shook her head, "Maybe it was Victor. But I also heard the Hispanics from Southside were there too."

Rashad shook his head, "You sure that's the theory?"

"Look, I know you wanna find out who did this to Amber but the truth is the whole city is at war right now. You got North fighting West, South fighting East, and vice versa. Nobody knows where the heat is coming from."Y/N spoke feeling her stomach bubble with her lies.

Rashad leaned back in his seat. Y/N could almost see the steam coming from his ears with anger, "Thank you sis. I swear once I find out who it is, they won't be seeing another day."

Authors Note:

Hi lovelies!

Vote and comment!