Chapter 11

Even though I had left he still haunted my memories...

(Song for chapter: Yebba's Heartbreak by Drake & Yebba)

8 MONTHS LATER

Y/N tossed and turned in her sleep. Images of her previous life flashed in her mind. She was under a constant state of stress when she was sleeping. You could leave your old life behind but it never left your mind.

Her brain was always focused on one encounter entirely. Oakley. She couldn't erase him. And when she was sleeping he appeared. Always the encounter from the hotel.

When she kissed his lips as she rode him on the hotel bed. She could feel his hands as he caressed her skin and grabbed her neck. The way he peppered hot kisses down her stomach. The way he made her climax like no man had ever done.

Her moans mixed with his grunts always made her wake up thinking of him. She couldn't stop it. She saw them laying in the hotel bed after their spicy night. Her eyes were closed as he traced her scar.

"I think I love you again. I always have but this time it's for real." He whispered thinking she was asleep.

Y/N woke up from her slumber with sweat dripping from her body. The moonlight eased into the room.

She threw the covers off and walked to her open balcony. The beach waves did little to ease her mind. Y/N rubbed her exposed skin leaving traces of heat across her skin. Sucking her teeth she grabbed her new cell phone. 

Of course, she remembered his number, just in case he ever called her. Y/N let the phone ring waiting to hear from him. Jamaica was only one hour behind so she knew he'd either be sleeping or running the streets. She jumped in surprise when she heard his voice. 

Y/N felt the tension relax in her shoulders as he spoke, "Hello?"

She was quiet for a minute as she walked along the beach. The sand itched her toes and the warm water soothed her, "Hey."

"Y/N?" He asked instantly recognizing her voice. 

"Yeah."

The silence was deafening. Oakley was the first to break the silence, "Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine. Maya misses Olivia. I was wondering if y'all could take a trip down?" Y/N asked avoiding the real reason she was calling him.

"Where?"

"Jamacia."

Y/N finished cleaning the guest bedrooms of their beach house. Maya was oblivious to Y/N's previous invite but could tell something was up, "What's going on?"

Y/N looked up from the fruit bowl at the dining room table, "What do you mean?"

"You never clean the guest bedrooms," Maya said finishing her homework at the table.

Y/N shook her head, "I just wanted to spruce up the place. How's school for you?"

Maya smiled, "It's alright. I'm about to graduate in a few anyways."

"Thinking about college in the states or no?" Y/N asked.

"Probably West Coast. I don't think I could ever be on the East Coast again." Maya said pushing her box braids back.

Y/N smiled sadly, "I know you're trying and I appreciate that."

A knock at the door made Maya jump. Y/N got up moving towards the door. She creaked it open placing a finger on her lips. Olivia who looked much older now dropped her bags at the front. Y/N pointed towards the dining room.

"Y/N who was at the door? Is it the fruit man? I want some mangoes!" Maya shouted looking up from her homework.

Olivia pounced onto Maya hugging her tightly. The girls squealed as they finally looked at each other. "What are you doing here?"

Olivia could feel the tears well in her eyes as she stared at her best friend, "I don't know. It's winter break in the states and next thing I know I'm on a plane."

Maya looked at her sister over her shoulder smiling, "Thank you, sis. Come on, I wanna show you around."

Maya looked at Y/N for permission. Y/N nodded excitedly, "Go ahead. Just be back before the sun sets."

Y/N watched as they ran towards the beach and towards town. Oakley came from behind Y/N pushing Olivia's last suitcase inside. Oakley watched her from afar. Y/N finally made eye contact with him feeling her breath hitch. 

Even though Oakley had a stoic face he couldn't hide his emotions. His eye ranked over her. Since moving there Y/N had an everlasting tan. Her skin was glowing. Her natural hair looked healthy and shiny.

"Thanks for bringing her," Y/N said breaking the ice.

"No problem. You wanna take a walk?"

And somehow they ended up on the beach walking. Y/N's sundress blew slightly as the salty air passed by. Y/N was smiling at the sight of him. He watched the people on the beach from afar. Y/N no longer felt scared by his presence.

They stopped a few feet from her house. She could smell his cologne from where she was standing. 

"Is my sister the only reason you called me?" He asked thinking hard.

Y/N took a deep breath, "No. I called you because the guilt of leaving you behind was eating me."

"You shouldn't have felt guilty for leaving." 

Y/N couldn't think of anything else to say but one thing, "I love you too."

Oakley snapped his head at her, "What?"

"I heard you that night and I just wanna say that I love you too."

She didn't wait for him to say anything. She engulfed him in a hug breathing deeply. He stood hesitant for a second but returned the hug closing his eyes. He had waited for her for years and he finally got her back.

"What happened to my brothers while I've been gone?" Y/N asked as they now sat on her back patio. 

The sun had gone down. They could hear Olivia and Maya in the kitchen making some type of cake. They had run the streets introducing Olivia to Maya's friends. Showing her the town and buying up everything from the locals. 

Oakley didn't let go of her. He sat next to her caressing her skin, "Rashad's dead."

"What about Dre?" Y/N asked.

"Last I heard he's a raging alcoholic."

"Damn."

Oakley looked down at her, "Are you ever gonna go back?" 

Y/N shook her head, "No, but you can stay."

"What am I even gonna do here?" Oakley questioned staring into the distance.

"Be with me. The night I left, you begged me to listen. But I've been running ever since. I don't wanna do that anymore." Y/N stared into his brown eyes leaning up to kiss him.

Authors Note:

The next chapter is Rashad's demise I promise lmfao, y'all hate that man.

And then epilogue!

Vote and comment lovelies!

Sorry for mistakes.