Epilouge

Everybody always wonders why so many people stay in their hood. But that's because they're too scared to see what's beyond the thin forbidden line....

THREE YEARS LATER

Y/N pushed through the crowd of graduates. Maya held her arms open as Y/N jumped into them. Graduates passed each other saying their last goodbyes. Y/N straightened Maya's cap that sat on the top of her head.

She handed her sister flowers, "Enjoy the summer because by the fall you'll be back in the States."

"Can we just live in the moment?" Maya asked watching as everyone snapped photos with their families.

Y/N saw the tears in her eyes, "You miss them don't you."

Maya wiped a stray tear away, "Yeah, but they don't deserve to be here." 

"I know. I'm so proud of you."  

A few hours later, Y/N sat on the beach by herself. She had made her house into a home and was elated to be done with her past. A warm hand landed on her back as he sat down next to her with a glass of wine.

"Here," Oakley said passing it to her.

She kissed his cheek taking the glass from him, "Thank you. Do you when the girls are gonna be back?"

He shook his head, "Nah. Probably late. Liv told me they'd be out with their friends."

"Cool."

Y/N looked at the sunset ahead of her quietly. He watched her twisting the ring on his finger. Hers sparkled despite the sand, "What are you thinking about?"

"Is this really the end? Like I'm so happy that you've been here but something feels wrong." She stated wiping some of the hard sand off her legs.

Oakley smiled at her making her roll her eyes, "I don't know why you do that."

"Do what?"

"Self-sabotage. We're both done doing that."

Y/N shook the sad thoughts from her head, "I know, I know."

"Promise?" He asked holding out his pinky.

She laughed ignoring his hand for a second. Y/N sucked her teeth but steadily grabbed his pinky. With them no linked she smiled, "Ever since we stopped doing that street shit you got soft."

He laughed at her joke, "Nah, you're the soft one, ever since Olivia got here you've been on some motherly type shit."

"Because she is like a daughter to me just as much as Maya." 

He was silent after that. Y/N felt the comfortable silence. The waves crashed against the shore soothing them both, "Even though I can't remember much about when we were fifteen I love your soft side by the way. It used to feel forbidden but now I love seeing it every day."

"Nothing can hold us back now." 

Y/N leaned down kissing his lips, "Nothing."

And so that was our story. It's way too corny and unrealistic but that was a new normal for me. I had come a long way, from a street rat to a loving sister and wifey.  Maybe the angels were looking down on me because if this turned out any different, I would've been dead. So my message to you all is...cross that forbidden line, it's worth it in the end....

THE END 

Authors Note:

This shit was so anti-climactic but imma give y'all a happy ending just the next book will be terrible, I promise y'all will be in shambles

I did not proof read this....

Vote and comment