Chapter 6

When I met her, I didn't realize who she was until he dragged her out like an animal

Y/N hummed to herself while she counted the money at the register. She looked towards the employee break room. Maya and Olivia sat next to each other doing homework and eating snacks.

Locking the money into the safe, Y/N eyed the front door. She moved towards the break room sticking her head in, "Olivia, it's about time you head home now. You got a ride or do you need me to take you?"

Olivia shook her head her bouncy curls moving with her, "No. I'm all set. Thank you for letting me stay."

Maya helped Olivia pack her book bag. The sounds of a speeding car caught her attention. Y/N stood firmly as Oakley entered her shop angry, "Where is she?"

"Who?" Y/N asked sensing his aggression.

"Did you lure her here? Are you trynna play me right now?" Oakley continued shouting questions.

Olivia stuck her head out of the breakroom, "Oakley?"

He turned towards her soft sounds. Y/N uncrossed her arms, "Oakley? You know him?"

Olivia walked towards the two with her bag. Her small body was no match for Oakley's. Y/N cussed once she realized it, "Ah shit. That's family ain't it?"

Olivia shook her head passively, "Oakley, what are you doing here?"

"Get in the car." He demanded making Y/N turn red.

She waved her hand in front of him, "Woah, chill out. You don't gotta talk to her like that."

He roughly pulled on Olivia's arm and Y/N could've sworn he would leave a mark. Olivia cried out in pain. Maya stayed in the corner of the room terrified.

"Can you stop? You're hurting her." Y/N asked moving towards the register.

He continued to yell at her, "How many times do I have to tell you to stop coming down here? And you've been hanging out with her?"

Y/N quickly grabbed her hidden pistol. She took it off of safety and held it up. Maya gasped causing Oakley to stop shaking his sister, "Let her go."

"Y/N you don't have to stick up for me," Olivia whispered asking Oakley to let her go.

"You trynna tell me how to handle my family?" He questioned.

"Until you calm the fuck down you can get to steppin'. I'll take her home. I don't tolerate disrespect and you've done enough." Y/N could feel her trigger finger itching.

He chuckled darkly, "I see you finally got balls, huh?"

Y/N smiled gently, "Get out."

Oakley reluctantly left the store. Y/N put the gun away feeling nauseous. She was taken aback when Olivia pulled her into a hug. Maya smiled at her sister's bravery.

"Thank you Y/N. My brother will get over it."

As promised Y/N pulled into Olivia's driveway. The house lights were on. Y/N stood behind the girls as they continued to chat. Olivia opened the front door revealing her warm home. It lacked everything Y/N had.

Y/N could see Oakley on the sofa watching sports. His hat was off revealing his long curly hair. He looked completely different in this state of relaxation. His eyes bore into hers as she sat next to him.

"I don't think we've formally met, Oakley." She spoke softly picking at the lint on her pants.

Oakley focused his attention back to the game, "Y/N Y/LN. The youngest sister of Rashad Y/LN and older sister of Andre Y/LN and Maya Y/LN. You run your own store. And it's obvious you don't want nothing to do with this street shit."

"Well, you've done your research."

"Gotta keep track of the hood princess."

Y/N laughed absentmindedly, "I'm sorry for pulling my gun out on you. It just triggered me."

He finally looked over at him and she took in his flawless face, "What triggered you? Does your brother treat you like that?"

Y/N waved him off feeling the rising tension, "I just wanted to drop Olivia off safe. She and Maya are best friends. It's obvious that they need each other."

Oakley watched as Y/N looked at the girls in the distance. The girls laughed as they scrolled through social media. Y/N turned back to Oakley enjoying their moment, "Why are you so worried about them?"

"Someone saw them together at the mall earlier. They followed them to your shop before they told me."

"So you came in place of Victor?" Y/N asked trying to put the pieces together.

"As his second I can't have my sister running around with people like Maya."

Y/N raised her eyebrow in irritation, "People like Maya? You mean Black?"

"If she was any other race it would still matter. So don't make it like that." Oakley sighed rubbing a hand over his chest.

"They're kids though."

Oakley's eyes ran over her body, "We were kids once too."

"What are you talking about?"

A flicker of disappointment crossed his face, "Nevermind. Thank you for bringing her home safe."

Y/N stood up smiling, "Yeah, no problem. I expect that you won't pop up on me anymore. I kept my promise. Now it's time you leave me alone."

He smiled almost perfectly, "I don't think I want to now."

Y/N blushed, "Bye, Cench."

He leaned back confused calling out to her as she walked to the door, "How do you know that name?"

"You do your research and I do mine!"

Authors Note:

Hi, lovelies!

They finally meet again...

Olivia is his sister.

Vote and comment. The more interaction the more I update.