*+- Chapter 4 -+*

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"People are so invested in their new abilities that... nobody has even bothered to wonder where the Sonic Boom came from in the first place." Vicky mumbled, a finger on her chin.
My eyes widened as I realized that she had a point.

"You're right.. why have w-" I'm interrupted as the front door suddenly springs wide open.

"EMILY? ARE YOU DONE PUTTING ON BANDAGES??" Jaiden yells, lamp in hand and breathing heavy.

"I'm right here, dude." I respond mundanely, watching as Jaiden's focus turns toward the sofa.

"Oh, hi Vicky! You good?" Jaiden ignores me and points to my plaster whilst hauling the lamp inside at the same time with as much strength as possible. I nod.

"I'm fine. It doesn't really hurt too much." I reply, shrugging my shoulders.
"Now, where was I? OH yes! Why have we all been given powers? Like, is there going to be... I don't know, a supervillain?" I finish, turning my focus away from the TV entirely.

"It's a good question." Jaiden pipes up from the kitchen, ruffling around in the fridge for food.

- TIME SKIP: 2 WEEKS LATER -

"Y'know, I've really enjoyed hanging out with you guys these past few weeks." Vicky says abruptly as the 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' movie plays again. Jaiden hurries toward the living room and sits in the separate armchair, packet of cheese, and onion crisps in one hand.

"Best movie. Can't say otherwise." Jaiden says, beginning to crunch on his crisps loudly.

Almost immediately after, however, the TV goes static, and a lone, shadowy figure takes the movie's place. Jaiden isn't having it.

"OI!! LET ME WATCH MY MOVIE!" He flips the TV off and groans, turning his focus on the ceiling momentarily before it's back on the TV.
We all watch closely, unsure how to react to this sudden change.

"Hello, people of Earth." The figure booms, its head slowly looking upward from the floor.
"I am Golgotha. I've broadcast my appearance as I bring a message."

"What's with this guy?" Vicky suggests, gesturing at the TV and sighing loudly.

"In 2 months' time, you'll be given an option. A choice that requires something that you humans call 'Fight or Flight'." Golgotha continues, its face fully looking at the camera. Its features were unusual.
Golgotha's skin was a light green, its eyes were dark and hazy, and it even had tentacles.

"In 2 months?" Vicky repeated, leaning backwards comfortably. I glance at her momentarily before my focus is back on the TV.

"In one month, our ship will enter your solar system. A few days after that, you'll experience the true size of the Za-Nak colony. I suggest you start your training, humans. See you soon!" Golgotha spat with a wicked smile, the broadcast suddenly cutting off and the news popping back into place.

"What just happened?" Jaiden said, scrunching up his crisp packet and glaring at the TV. I shook my head.

"No idea. But.. it said that we 'should start training'?" I replied, quoting Golgotha's words. Vicky looked at me.

"Yeah.. what's up with that?" Vicky responded, crossing her arms together with a frown on her face.

"Hang on. What if.. what was the name of Golgotha's colony again?" I begin, looking at Vicky and Jaiden in turn as help.