*+- Chapter 10: The.. End? -+*

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MATURE LANGUAGE!!

It was the next morning, and the past evening seemed to have just blurred. I'd gotten a wonderful girlfriend, saw my best friend upset over not being able to control his power, and seen the true size of Golgotha's colony in action.

However, my thoughts were interrupted by Jaiden, who had forcefully swung my door open. He scanned the room before he noticed me, still tucked up comfortably in my bed.

"GET OUT OF BED! I'VE DONE SOMETHING!" Jay ordered, hands on his hips as a wide smile practically overtook his face.

"What did you do now..?" I sighed, swishing my duvet off and standing upright with a yawn.

"Oh, it's nothing bad. Don't worry! COME ON ALREADY!!" He ushered me out of my room and towards the front door.

"Jay. I am in my pyjamas..." I mumbled, rubbing the sleep from my eyes.
Yet again, the sky was grey and gloomy. Golgotha's colony was still positioned above the Woods, scarily closer than they were the night before.

"OK, OK! But..." Jay stopped mid-sentence, standing before me and scrunching up his face. I watched on with a blank expression on my face.

Soon enough, small grey sparks started to arise from the ground. And from Jay's hands, too. I blinked slowly, somehow noticing that THIS? This was different from the last time we were both outside in that thunderstorm.

"Do me a favour.. grab an old thing from the Dorm. Something you don't mind POSSIBLY being destroyed.." Jaiden said suddenly, one eye opened. A sneaky smile was still planted on his face.

I raised an eyebrow yet still went through with his request, heading back inside and finding an old and VERY used pencil.

"Does this work?" I held up the pencil, watching as Jaiden nodded. Hurriedly, I placed the pencil on the ground.
"Well?" I said, nodding towards the pencil. Curiosity bubbled inside of me.

I watched as the grey glow being omitted grew in brightness, the little bolts of lightning becoming more frequent and larger, reaching up to meet Jaiden's palms. Had Jaiden managed to-

*ZAP*

Before I even had time to answer my own question, a bright bolt of grey lightning charged towards the pencil, completely snapping it in 2. I stared at the torn object in awe and disbelief.
I guess that meant Jaiden HAD managed to somehow control his power.

"So... you've done it?" I asked curiously, hoping to confirm my theory. Jaiden nodded happily, the grey glow and lightning calming into nothingness.
"Awesome! It's super cool!"

"I might've woken up at 4 this morning to practice..." He confessed sheepishly. I shook my head, seemingly confused about how he was even awake.
"When do you think Golgotha will attack anyway?"

"No idea. I'm just hoping Vi managed to warn a teacher yesterday when I came to find you." I said slowly, gazing back to the sky.

"So you've given her a nickname already?" Jaiden immediately pointed out, grinning to himself.
"How cute!"

"I didn't even realize I'd called her that..." I mumbled, embarrassment coursing through my body. Jaiden laughed and nudged my shoulder.

"Nah, it's fine. Im sure Vicky won't mind." Jay replied, wiggling his eyebrows as he put emphasis on her name. I rolled my eyes with a grin.

"I'm getting changed. It's cold and dull out here anyway." I excused myself from the scene, heading back indoors and racing to my room.

I was in the middle of changing when, all of a sudden, a low grumble filled the silence, and a slight shaking of the ground occurred.
Swiftly, I pulled my shirt over my head and rushed out of my room, careful not to bump into anything on the way.