Chapter 1 - The Party

"Are you ready yet?" My friend Haven asked me. "Almost! I just need to make sure I look good just in case." I was finishing my look with a little bit of black eyeshadow and some eyeliner and I was ready. I decided to wear a red fitted crop top with a long sleeve fishnet shirt under and some baggy jeans with a studded belt to hold them up on my waist. "Ava you're so slow the party starts in 15 minutes!" "Okay i'm ready!" I said in a panic.

Me and Haven rushed out the door into her car and were at the party in 10 minutes. Just in time. We walked up to the door where music was blasting from every part of the house. Me and Haven were standing beside each other in silence. We had fought a little while earlier about something stupid but we tried to put it behind us and forget, but the awkwardness didn't go away ever since. I knocked on the door and It instantly sprung open before the second knock. It was my old friend Nat from sophomore year in highschool. "About time you showed up! Hurry get inside Korn is about to play!" Nat said. Korn? Who's korn? What's korn? We heard a band was playing a gig at the party but we didn't know who. So Haven And I assumed that was the band.

We walked into the house where there was music blasting, people drinking, and of course the two people in the corner making out. I was about to say something to Haven when she ran off with some guy. That's what I was worried about when going to the party, she always left me for boys.
I grabbed a drink and sat down on the couch. All of the sudden Nat was talking in the speakers yelling "Attention please, attention please!" My head turned and I began to listen "The whole reason you guys came here is for the band right?" Nat said while everybody was cheering and yelling. "Well here they are! Korn!" The intro to "blind" all of a sudden started playing and everybody was going crazy, so I sculled down my drink and joined them. "ARE YOU READY??" Everyone was jumping up and down acting like animals, there were people moshing even though we were in a house. I finally calmed down so I could get a look at the singer. I looked up and saw him, he was wearing a purple Adidas tracksuit which suited him very well, he had dreads, and the most beautiful face a man could have. He had looks that some may not find attractive but to me he was the most handsome man I'd ever seen. He was going crazy on stage, jerking his body in the most crazy ways, head banging. It was the most awesome thing I've ever seen. The next song they played was "Ball tongue".
They played a few more songs after that then they were done.

Everyone calmed down and went back to playing drinking games and hanging out. I went into the kitchen where I saw the band hanging out. They all had a drink in their hand and were messing around until one of the band members yelled "Let's do shots!". I got handed a shot by one of the guys. He had a bunch of braids throughout his hair with colorful rubber bands tied to them. I don't know how else to describe it besides it just being something I've never seen. I quickly took the shot without making a face. I would always take shots of my parents' alcohol when they were gone so I was used to it at this point. The guy who handed it to me just looked at me shocked. "What? Never seen someone take a shot before?" I said sarcastically. "You're one badass chick!" He said then playfully hitting my arm as he walked to the other band mates to tell them. It made me blush being told I was a "badass" by a guy in a band especially since nobody ever thought I was cool. I grabbed another and took it then sat down on a stool in the kitchen. I was just sitting. When out of the corner of my eye I saw the band looking at me. I turned my head to see if they really were or my mind was just playing tricks on me. I looked and they all instantly looked away from me acting like they weren't doing anything. I went back to sipping on a drink I grabbed that was unopened next to me When I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned and it was the singer.