Chapter 11: The Fiery Bride

Two days had passed after the queen's meeting with Mrs. Chbosky and Lady Gibson.

Mrs. Chbosky had managed to force a reluctant, stubborn Emilia into taking extra lessons to fit in as a princess. The bride was getting prepared, but the groom hadn't been seen since the wedding.

Emilia was angry. Furious, in fact. Yes, she was finally getting married to the prince, but not because the prince asked her hand, because the queen was going to arrange it. It seemed like just another arranged marriage deal.

"Is he truly so coward?" Emilia threw the question in air as she paced around the room angrily.

"He is your soon to be husband , my dear, I think you should be happ-" Mrs Chbosky tried to calm her down.

"Yes! Yes, precisely! My soon to be husband, who has not officially asked for my hand, who has not showed his face, who has not contacted me even once! And here I'm, training to be a princess, and for whom?" Emilia yelled and stormed out of the room, to finally confront him, for once and all.

As she reached the royal palace, her blood boiled to see the prince serenely strolling inside the garden, observing the flowers.

"You!" She yelled at him, aggresively approaching him.

"Do you know you're getting married to me very soon?" She yelled once again.

"Of course. My mother has arranged it all." He said, never meeting her eyes.

-"No, Oliver, look at me! Look at me, please! We're getting married to you only because the queen has planned it, not because you've asked me to! Do you know how insulting that is?"

Her eyes burnt into his until they didn't burn anymore, until they welled up with tears. Emilia looked away.

All she ever wanted was for the prince to say out loud that he wanted to marry her. All she ever wanted was for him to say that he wanted her with his everything.

The prince closed his eyes. He wanted to speak of all his desires out loud, he wanted to say how he craved her with all his soul and body and mind. He wanted to scream everything in his heart, so that all the flowers and trees and birds and Emilia would know how much he thought about her, how important she was to him.

"Emilia......Will you marry me, Emilia? I can't say our path will be smooth but I promise you it'll be full of fire and passion and it'll be wild. It'll sweep you off your feet and give you the fairytale you deserve." He got on his knees.

His eyes didn't burn with passion like hers did, instead they darkened with desire and they sent a shiver down Emilia's whole body, asking her to surrender herself to him.

Emilia nodded slowly and proceeded to go. The prince grabbed her hand and pulled her closer.

"We're unchaperoned. " She whispered, looking at him with eyes full of tender love.

"We're soon to be wed anyway." He smiled at her, grabbing her waist and pulling her closer.

He caressed her face gently, wiping away her tears, and finally reaching down to kiss her. He gently bit her lip as she let out a little moan, and kissing so deep she grabbed his shoulders to steady herself, but the prince had already lifted her from the ground.

It was not a dream. It was happening.

***************
Somewhere else, Vanessa Kimberly was not finished yet. She was brewing up her last plan. And she was determined to win this time.

She was going to trick the prince into  being with her, unchaperoned, while Miss Ruth would be nearby, to witness. And then,with Miss Ruth as a witness,she was going to trap the prince into a marriage.

Miss Ruth would do her role perfectly, she was sure of it.

Or would she?