E17: Go Hard

A/N: IDOL weekend! This episode is a personal favorite of mine, because it introduces some new characters who are going to be around for a while. Let's meet them now!

Min-sik was entirely unaccustomed to late-night practice sessions, hence why he expressed intense surprise when Dae-won told him to be at the practice studio at eleven o' clock Saturday night.

"That late?" Min-sik questioned.

"Yeah. It's called a late-night practice for a reason," Dae-won replied. "Why, do you have plans or something?"

"No," said Min-sik, kind of wishing he did. "I'll see you then."

Min-sik managed to catch the last bus to headquarters. He spent the ride dreading the way back, knowing it would be far after the buses stopped operating and he'd need to walk home. He walked off the bus lost in his thoughts, but the outside intruded.

"Han Min-sik!" Han-na was waving to him. She, along with Dae-won, Bae Ji-eun, and the other three members of her group, were sitting on the steps outside the performance center.

"What's going on?" Min-sik asked.

"We, uh, kind of forgot we can't get in," said Dae-won sheepishly. "They haven't yet coded the scanners to pass trainee IDs after nine."

"I got you," said Min-sik, pulling out his white keycard.

Ji-eun's eyes went wide. "Why do you have that? Who did you steal it from?"

"I didn't steal it from anyone," said Min-sik impatiently. "It was given to me."

"By who?"

"By whom," said Min-sik, walking past her.

Ji-eun looked at Han-na. "By whom? Is he serious?"

"I think he's right," said Han-na.

"I don't care about that!"

The lights down the hall turned on one by with with a heavy THUD each time. "Hold on!" said Dae-won before Min-sik scanned into the main training room. "We can use one of the practice rooms."

"There are practice rooms?" Min-sik asked, following Dae-won down the hall and around the corner.

"This floor has three," said Dae-won. "The one above has eight more."