E19: Cruel

A/N: Hey, everyone!

I know it's been a while. I've been enjoying my vacation to the fullest! To make up for the lack of content, this is the first of a double update. Enjoy!

That night, a loud banging on Min-sik's room door woke him from his slumber. "Open the door, prick!" Kyung-soo was shouting at the top of his lungs.

Min-sik squinted out the peephole. Kyung-soo's murderous expression took up most of the view area, but Min-sik could make out Seok-ju and Ji-woon standing behind him.

Min-sik opened the door. Kyung-soo punched him in the face.

"Whoa!" said Seok-ju immediately moving to pull Kyung-soo away. "Uncalled for, man!"

Min-sik stumbled backwards, holding his hand to his bruised cheek. "What the hell?"

"Sorry," said Ji-woon, who had a hold of Kyung-soo's other arm. "We came to make sure Kyung-soo didn't—well, do that."

"Let go!" Kyung-soo roared. "I wanna beat this punk into a pulp."

"You've got to work on your issues, man," said Min-sik, checking to see if he was bleeding. He wasn't.

"What did you get on your evaluation?" Kyung-soo demanded.

"Twenty-six," answered Min-sik honestly.

"And your rank?"

"Five out of thirty-nine."

Kyung-soo wrestled his arms free. "What made you pull that shit, huh? Who do you think you are?"

"I wasn't going to bother undermining you in person. I thought this way would be easier."

Kyung-soo didn't have an answer to Min-sik's rational response. He instead sneered and said in a deadly low voice: "I looked you up, you know."

Min-sik chuckled. "And that's supposed to scare me?"

"I know why you left for two months."

Those words did scare Min-sik, enough that he backed up further into his room. "What did you say?"

"You heard me."

"Don't you dare—"