CHAPTER 5

"What were you talking with him? Why did you smile at him? Did he give you fruits? Where is it?" Ryan shot Andrea with so many questions making her look at him with wide eyes, he realised the way he was and cursed himself before behaving casually. "Umm listen and please don't freak out on me." She said in a nervous tone while scratching her nails together, he nodded in response while curiosity ate him up. "If I'd ask him for fruits he might have denied it because of course he won't give his fruits as for farmers they are like his own kids plus it's wrong because the farmer has worked his ass up for the sake of them. He sacrificed his sleep and rest for it. So, instead I asked him if I could do something for him in return, first he didn't agree on it but I convinced him. He asked me to plant some plants in the backyard as he was so tired so I could help and I love plants, I would love to do it." Andrea said.
"What? Are you serious? Oh hello, I ain't going to work. I thought by your face you look innocent so he might give you fruits but you- arghh what the heck is wrong with you. I shouldn't have asked you for it." He roared in a frustrated way by the disappointment which made Andrea a little upset, but she shrugged it off and came up with a joy. "Listen Ryan, you don't have to do anything I'll do everything by myself and I'll give the fruits to you without taking a single from it." She said softly melting his heart with her melodious calming voice, he nodded while she smiled at him but then something made him dubious. "How do you know my name?" She didn't answered.

Andrea was planting the plants meanwhile Ryan was standing beside her watching with his doe eyes. He moved his eyes towards her face, the big glasses were blocking her eyes which made him annoyed as he found her eyes captivating. She prepared the ground by digging out weeds and removing rocks and debris. She looks at her either side to find the manure, Ryan saw her finding something. He saw cow dung placed near the tree which wasn't visible by her sight. He picks it up and feels disgusted by the smell, he scrunchies his nose by the smell while keeping the face away from it as it smells awful to him, Andrea looks up to him and controls her laugh. "Ugh! Take it, it smells so nauseating" He said disgustingly."You could've asked me to take it, don't bother yourself." She replied while smiling at him, he scoffs and gives it to her. Then she tried composting it while Ryan stood there looking at the neat work she was doing, he sat beside her making her look at him mischievously that what does he want then she noticed he is getting and wants to work with her. But doesn't have the guts to ask her, she chuckled and let the other plant to him. He looks at her to know how to do it properly, she helped him with it. Both of them planted their wisteria plant and smiles at each other as planting feels so satisfying, they both stood up to clean themselves. "Have you done it kids?" Asked Mr Jenner.
"What? Did he just call me a kids? Excuse me old man I ain't a kid, I am a man." He said but the farmer couldn't hear as he was focusing on the plants, Andrea hit him with her arm while glaring at him making him let out a groan. "Hey, he might hear you Ryan."

Ryan and Andrea are walking through the street while Andrea is holding the bucket of fruits and Ryan has a fresh apple on hand, he takes a bite from it making Andrea looked at him. Ryan made a weird face after eating it which made her worried if it doesn't taste good.
"Mmmm...mmmm...mmm ah mm" he ate while making weird sounds. "WTF! WHY ARE YOU MAKING THESE TYPE OF SOUNDS. STOP IT, IT'S DISGUSTING." She yelled. "It tastes so good Charm, I love it. The Berry place has the best fruits that's why I wanted but when I asked he clearly denied me that's why I thought to take a nerd as you who would beg in front of him, so he might pity you". Andrea was stunned by his straight answer which didn't have any logic. She can't believe him, he didn't even hesitate before saying this on her face and his face clearly shows no shame. He is always so bold, she shrugs it off as its usual for her. But she is glad that she got to talk with him for the first time, it's unbelievable for her. How would she even get to sleep today when this all feels like a dream to her from which she will wake up soon."Ryan, I know you because I study at the same University as you and you are famous there whereas you didn't even know my existence." "What? I am famous? Seriously? That's shocking I didn't know, so you study at my University, okay what's your name?" He said astonished. "I am Andrea Smith."
She wanted to give her whole biography to him but she just smiled while not trying to be awkward in front of him. He made an "oh" face while nodding his head, and smiled back at her.

For him, it was nice meeting her and for her, it was the best day ever.
***