Chapter V

Irene's POV

Her, saying those words so casually doesn't sit right with me. How can she easily talk about death like that?

Seulgi. I've been curious about her since I saw her at that Math competition in school. She was just too focus that time. Not gonna lie, she's an eye catcher, but something really made me curious that time. The time where they were announcing winners, I caught a glimpse of her tears coming down from her eyes. No seriously! I wasn't really paying attention on the competition. I was just looking at her, fascinated. I saw how she automatically wipe the tears that left her eyes that time, she just continued to smile. Other's might have not seen it but I did, and it made me curious about her.

I didn't follow her to that restaurant, that was just pure coincidence. Though I was the one to asked if I could sit with her, that time. The girl in the counter said that time told me that time to just wait for a few minutes as they were still preparing a table for me. Then a new customer came in and asked for a table but their was one free table left that time, a table for two. The customers that just came in was a couple, I was not just about to give it up but then again my eyes landed on her. That's when I just give up my table and asked if I could share a table with solo Seulgi instead. They were hesitant at first but they still agree.

I came back to the restaurant the next few days, expecting to see her again. Because that encounter I had with her, she seemed like a regular there. She was close with the staff, I even had a hunch that she owned the place.

I'm back to my condo now. Just before I could reach my room, home's landline was ringing. I went to it and answered.

"Joohyun-ah!" I heard a loud scream from the other line. I took a deep breath and sat on the couch.

"Unnie."

"Did you just got home?"

"Yes, I ate outside. What is it? We just saw each other before I left from school." It's true we worked on things the whole afternoon.

"Joohyun-ah. Answer me honestly, do you have a thing on Kang Seulgi?" Huh? That's so random.

"Did you just called for this?"

"She's the reason you joined the club, isn't she?" She's been bugging me, why I wanted to join the club when I'm too busy for it. "Come on now Joohyun! With the way you're looking at her? For all I know you went to that restaurant after hearing her said that she's going there tonight, to--"

"How did you know that?!" I asked. Then it went silent.

"What the fuck Bae Joohyun!!" Unnie shouted. "You really did that?!" Now I'm the one silent. What did I do? "So, it was really you in the photo." Photo?

"Unnie, what photo?" I asked curiously.

"I'm actually having a date with Tae now." What's that have to do with-- "Her sister sent her a photo of you sitting across her, in their restaurant table." So, they really own that place. Sister?

At that moment I already knew who unnie was talking about. The girl Seulgi's with, she looks like Tae unnie. I should've known.

"Damn, Joohyun!! I'll send you the pictures." Pictures?! "Wait Tae! Wait.."

"Joohyun-ah. I'll end the call now, hmm?" Tae unnie said. I smiled at that. I heard my sister whining to her.

"Okay unnie. bye." I put down my phone.

Unnie knows that I never join any clubs from my previous school. She knew I'd rather study my classes in advance than be in those stuffs. I'm not surprise why she came out of such assumptions. Well... It's true though. I joined because I find Seulgi really intriguing, even more now.

After a few minutes like unnie said, she sent me pictures. As soon as I saw those, I felt really embarrassed. I really thought I was being careful, stealing glances. It was pictures of me looking up to, Seulgi. Was I too focus on her, that I didn't notice, someone's already taking photos of me?

I was remove from my thoughts when I heard my doorbell ring. Unnie is with Tae unnie, who is? Unnie is the only person who knew my place. I stand up and went to the door. I know it's not what I should've done, but I still opened it.

I was met with a delivery guy? He handed me a bag, as soon as I opened the door. What the?

"That would be five--" I cut him off.

"I think you made a mistake here. I didn't order this." I give her back the bag, that I think has a gallon of Ice cream. I felt the coldness in it when he gave it to me.

"No, I don't think so miss. This is the right door." He faced me his phone and let me look at it. I saw the exact detail on where to deliver it, he was actually right. I shake my head.

"Can you call the one who order. Is it okay? Because I'm pretty sure that's not for me. Maybe the customer just made a mistake. I can take it, only if I'm sure it's for me." Who would give me a gallon of Ice cream? I don't even eat too much sweet. and what time is it?

The guy nodded and started dialing his customer. He then look up to me. I'm guessing someone answered.

"Hello, I'm at the address that was written. You're delivery is here--" He was stopped when the door Infront of mine opened up. That took our attention. There's no way!

"Hi. Hello." She said while still counting her money. The guy went up to her and give her the bag he just gave me earlier. She smiled as she hands her payment to the guy. What the hell! "Thank you"

The delivery guy just bowed and turn to me again, he bowed to me too. "Sorry." I look at him.

"It's okay but next time, call the customer first before knocking on someone's door." He nodded, then he left. I look back to my front, that caused our eyes to meet. Her eyes... She smiled at me.

"Hi, neighbor!" She said.

"Hi, Seulgi."

"You want to eat Ice cream with me?"