Chapter VIII

Irene's POV

Not that I'm assuming but I think Seulgi's avoiding me, and Unnie's helping her. How else would it explain the constant ignoring me like stranger whenever we bump into each other, and her absence to our club meetings that unnie just let it pass. It's been going one like that for weeks now.

Honestly? I'm pissed. I'm pissed that I'm liking her more now, even if she's acting like this. I'm pissed that I can't understand why I'm already feeling this way when I don't even know her that much. I'm pissed at the fact that maybe she's ignoring me now because of my confession. Is it really necessary to avoid me? it's not like I professed love, it's just my admiration to her. I mean, it wasn't suppose to be a big deal!

"Irene, Hey?"

"Hmm?" I look up boringly from my paper.

"You want to go out for lunch?" Solar asked. She's been someone I've grown to be close with over the weeks.

"Nah. I still have a lot of workload to do. Thanks for the invite though." I said to her.

"Seriously, where even did you get all these workloads you have? And please! for all I know you aced all your subjects by now, can't you have a little break? I can feel like you need it now." The last thing she said made me look up to her. "You need a breather I can sense that something's troubling--"

"HI." One of our classmate suddenly shows up in front of us.

"Umm, hi?" I awkwardly said. He just look at Solar before turning his gaze on me and from that look I already know where it was heading. "Do you need anything?" Looks like he wasn't expecting me to put up an attitude to him.

"I wanted to invite you out for lunch." I just look at him.

"Just to be clear. Is it a date you're asking?" I asked, eyeing him. He then smiled, confidently.

"I see. You want to date me. Oh well, I can give it to--" Seriously?

"I don't." I cut him off. He looks taken aback with what I just said. I stand up and fix my things. I look up to him again. "I can't see or feel anything from you that's worth dating you." I then averted my gaze at Solar. "Let's go." She looks at me, stunned. We walk out the room, together.

"I can't believe you just called the most popular guy in our school, not worth dating. Do you know how many girls lined up for him?"

"I guess the students here doesn't have that much of a standard." I said. Solar then went in front to me that made me stop from walking.

"There are only two reasons, not to be captivated by his charms. Either you're gay, or you're eyes are already set for someone else." I just look at her. Both.

"Make it three, I hate overly confident people like him." I said walking passed her with a smile.

"Hey! Wait up!" She caught up to me. "Other than that. I'm excited to finally introduce you to my friends. They talk about you a lot when--" I stopped on my tracks the moment I heard that. She then face me. She reach for my arm. "Trust me when I say, you're famous here too." She said dragging me to the cafeteria.

"Hey? Where are the others?" She asked to the people sitting in a group table, that isn't filled yet. The people there look up to us. They look surprised to see me. "Oh! Guys, this is Irene my classmate. She'll be joining us for lunch now."

"It's nice to finally meet you, I'm Joy." the girl suddenly stand up and offered me a handshake.

"Yeri. I guess another person is added up to the group now." She said smiling at me and give me a handshake too.

"I'm Moonbyul." I then face Solar and back to her.

"Solar's girlfriend?" She smiled and nodded.

"Have a seat." Yeri said and I did. Solar went to her girlfriend side. I just sat beside Yeri as she offered the seat to me.

"Where are those two nerds?" Solar asked them.

"They're still at a meeting. They'll be here soon, unnie." Joy said.

"Let's get our food first." Yeri said. She face me. "Join us. You don't want to stay here and watch them cling on each other." She pointed at Solar and Moonbyul, that made me smile.

I stand up and walk with her an Joy.

"We can call you unnie right?" The both of them asked me as soon as we reach the line. I just nodded. They call Solar unnie and we're the same age, so "I don't mind"

"I really thought Solar unnie was lying when she said she's close to you." Joy said as we moved on the line. I notice how both of them got two trays.

"Yes. She always brags about it but didn't really bring to meet us." Yeri said. She put up two different types of dishes on different trays and so did Joy. "And now you're here in the line with us."

"You're actually more quite than we thought." I smiled at what Joy said. "I guess we found a new silent person to add up in the group." Why are they talking about me joining their group?

"Hey. My cousin is not quite at all." Yeri said

"Right." Joy said.

When we're done we both went back to our table. And just so I thought those other trays the got was for the couple but it wasn't. They put it in front of the two empty seats, beside Yeri and Joy.

"Oh! Seulgi wont like those green leaves on her plate, Kim Yerim. You better be ready." Seulgi? Moonbyul said cackling.

"She doesn't have a choice unnie." Yeri said before she starts eating her food. The coupe then went to get their food as well

As for I? I just stare at my own food, trying to convince myself that maybe there's a different Seulgi in the campus. I was startled when a familiar voice just burst out behind me.

"Yah! Kim Yerim! What's with my tray!? I'm not eating that!" Shit! I closed my eyes at the realization that it's really her.

"Unnie can you just sit down and be calm, we have company." As soon as I opened my eyes I was met with Wendy's surprise expression. So the tray that Joy got was for her and Yeri's was for Seulgi. They went to the club's meeting that I didn't attend to, to prove my point if she's really avoiding me. Now I know she is.

"Irene. You weren't in the meeting--" I cut Wendy off. I can't take it anymore.

"Seulgi, why are you avoiding me?"