Chapter XXIII

Seulgi's POV

I was woken up by someone patting my shoulder. I adjusted on the seat and turn to look at who it is.

"Unnie... What time is it?" I rub my eye with my free hand,, as I'm still holdings hers.

"It's past dinner time already Seulgi. Have you eaten yet?" I shake my head. "And Val?" I look at my dog who's literally sleeping still. I answered no. Tiffany unnie just sighed and picked up Val, that caused him to wake up. "You have to eat little one." She carried him and then look at me. "You too Seulgi. I know that it's been hard for you this past few months but you need to take care of yourself too. Even the dog's getting used to how you're acting already. Irene wouldn't like what you're doing to yourself." I face Irene.

"I'm trying, unnie."

"I know. Like I said you're doing good Seulgi..."

"but it's still not enough?"

"Because it's not the Seulgi we know anymore." That made me think. I look down at my hand holding hers.

"What did you expect me to become after all that happened? I almost lost her and I'm still on the verge of losing her. I don't know what would've happen to me if I ever woke up that time, knowing that I lost her. I would've lost my sanity by now."

"Seulgi, don't say that."

"It's the truth unnie. If another registered donor didn't came in, dying, that same day and hour... I knew you would've given up on her for me." I said holding back my tears from crying.

"Seulgi..."

"Because that's what she would want and you knew that. I would've totally understand it, but it doesn't mean I would've live with it. I can't take it if she lose her life for me unnie, I can't." This time my sob became clearer. I felt her hand on my back.

"That's enough Seulgi. Irene's still here." She said. Right! She's still here and that's what matters now. I wipe my tears. "Irene, why don't you wake up already? Your girlfriend's becoming a cry baby now. She even forgot to feed Val and herself now, can you believe it? She can forget about food now." I can't help but chuckled at what she said.

"Unnie!" I whined.

"Come on down with me. I asked the chef to prepare dinner for you already." she said. "If only I knew you were here again, I would've asked you to join me earlier." she pat my back. I look up to her and nod. I kissed the back of Irene's hand first before letting it go and standing up.

"I'll just go and eat love, I'll come back." I said. I then followed Tiffany unnie to the dinning area.

Irene was transferred here in their house, from the hospital. It was a decision made by Tiffany unnie and Uncle. They told me Irene was never fond of hospitals since she was a kid. They have their family doctors visit and checks on her from time to time.

"Unnie that's a lot of food!" I was surprise to see a lot of dishes on the table. And she said she already ate? I took a seat, while unnie's putting dog food in a bowl. "Unnie, where did you get that?" I asked. They certainly don't have dogs in this house.

"This one? Dad asked the helpers to buy them." She put the bowl down for Val, who excitedly ate it.

"Uncle didn't have to do that." I said and started to eat the food served for me.

"You're Irene's girlfriend Seulgi, you're family now. As family, we should be taking care of you." She said and took the seat across me. "Also, Irene's gonna be mad at us if we don't treat you right." I smiled.

"You're scared of her?" I asked then she laugh.

"We're not scared of her, we just got used to her. Irene's a good sister and a daughter, she just knows what she wants and she don't want. She works hard to earn every little thing that she desires. She may have the tendency to overdo it sometimes but that's how she is already, and we've grown to understand that part of her." Then I remember those bruises and all that unnie said before how she had the tendency to hurt herself.

"But unnie..." I covered my mouth as I swallow the food I was chewing. "About those self harming..."

"We tried to talk her out of it Seulgi, but it never really worked. Same with her therapist. She never listened. That's why it surprised me how she had much control with her emotions, when you came in to her life." I look up and just listen to unnie. "Like I said she works hard in getting what she wants and you Seulgi, you made her capable of change. She wanted to better for you, and we're so much grateful that is was you Seulgi. You're a wonderful human being, I don't even know what you see in that evil sister I have." She said.

"You just said she was a good sister!" Unnie just giggled.

"She's 50:50" I just shake my head at what she said and started to eat again. "Are you staying for the night?" I then remember Wendy's celebration. They must've gotten home already.

"I will unnie."

"Should I asked for the guest room to be prepared or..."

"I'll be staying in her room unnie. Her couch is huge enough for me to settle in."

"As always. Why did I even bother to ask again?" She told herself. "Just don't sit and sleep on her side again. Your back might hurt in the morning." I nodded. She then stood up. "Is it okay if I leave you here already? You can just call the helpers once you're done."

"I will. You should take some rest unnie." I nodded saying those to her.

"Val's new bed is already upstairs, at Irene's room."

"You were asking me to stay in the guest room and you put Val's bed at Irene's? What kind of favoritism is this?" I asked and she just chuckled.

"Val's basically my nephew now, so don't talk about favoritism now Seulgi. I didn't even complain that my sister loves you more than me." She walk to the stairs already.

"That's a different story unnie!" I shouted for her to still hear me.

"You're doing good Seulgi. Irene wouldn't want you act all devastated. She's still here, alive." I whispered to myself and continued eating.

After I ate, I wasn't about to call the helpers and clean it up myself but they just showed up as soon as I stood up and insisted that I'll just leave it to them. I just ended up walking upstairs with Val and went insider her room.

I put down Val and he ran to this mini tent right on the side of the couch.

"Damn! They're spoiling you." I said looking at him, wiggling his tail. He just barked at me twice before lying to his new bed.

I walk to where I was sitting again earlier and sat there again.

"I think your family's trying to steal my son from me." I said and chuckled. I lean my head to the side of the bed, making my hand as pillow.

I just stare right at her, for I think was like minutes now. I talk to her about my day, Wendy's play, and all that happened. Later on I drifted off to sleep on the same position.

While on my deep slumber, I felt a hand caressing my face. I slowly opened my eyes... Am I dreaming?

She's sitting up, leaning down to me with a smile on her face.

"Sleep beside me love." she said. God! This is not a dream right?