Chapter XI

Seulgi's POV

We're at my apartment now. I'm preparing at least a drink for my visitors.

"Yah! Kang Seulgi! You didn't tell me you were neighbors!" Wendy said entering the kitchen.

"This just explains all that happened and everything we heard from them earlier." Joy said.

As I was about to get something on the fridge, Yeri opened it first that made me close my eyes and look back at the drink I just made for them.

"UNNIE! What the hell is inside your fridge!?" She raised her voice. And the Joy and Wendy went to check it out of curiosity.

"I don't see anything weird here, Yeri." Wendy said

"She actually have a lot of good food this time. Unlike last time, all we saw in this fridge was those super healthy products and a lot of greens." Joy said. Maybe that's because I know Yeri's coming that time?

"When was your last appointment? Did you get the result? Let me see." I heard Yeri said beside me, making sure I'm the only one who heard it. Damn it!

"I didn't--"

"I'll tell Tae unnie."

"It's in my room in my bedside drawer." I said out of defeat. Next thing I know she already went to my room. I was left with only Wendy and Joy this time.

"Where are Byul and Solar again?" I asked.

"They went to buy groceries, expecting we'll see greens again if we get here." Joy said as she sat on the stool.

"I'm guessing you're staying until dinner?" I said as I hand them drinks. Both of them nodded.

"Unnie! It's good!" Joy exclaimed after she took a sip of the drink.

"Your classes?" I asked them.

"Tiffany unnie said at the club meeting that there are no classes this afternoon. Were you not listening? The faculty is busy with something." Wendy said sipping her drink. "Seulgi, one question." I look at her.

"Hmm?"

"How did Tiffany unnie knew you live next to one another?" Should I tell them? I mean... "She also said a doctor's already waiting for Irene, do they know each other?" That's when I realized that no one really knows that they're siblings.

"That's more than one question Bum." Joy said. Then she look at me. "We have a lot of questions actually unnie, like a lot, but let's start there." I took a deep breath.

"To answer you, they do know each other." I said.

"But why didn't she stop Noah from hurting Irene? She just watched." That's also my question.

"I don't know."

"It would've not went that far if she just stop that jerk from the moment she arrived. It's like a saw a new side of Tiffany unnie that time." Joy said.

"Agree. She's usually the type who doesn't tolerate any form of violence. She even hates it if an argument is building up." Wendy. That made me wonder what was going on there!

Tiffany unnie is known for being kind, that just radiates positive energy. I'm sure a lot of student, after what happened to the cafeteria, will think of her differently now.

"Seriously, how did they even end up in that situation? Noah is known to be calm and compose." I asked them.

"Well, that won't be what he's known for now. Not after what happened." Joy said.

"We were just talking at the table, when he suddenly appeared and asked if he could sit with us." Huh? "But then apparently, he was there for Irene, shooting his shot." That's what I heard from his friends. "Irene didn't seem to like his presence. It's like everything just shifted the moment she spits out her words to him. From the moment she pointe a random girl from the crowd, to Noah grabbing her--"

"Or gripping. Her arms was so close to bursting out, with the way he was holding her."

"But what's really strange there was. Irene didn't seem to look like she was hurt at all. She just kept talking, that caused her to be hurt more. I was even surprise when she suddenly smirked in the middle of it all." Wendy said. What?

"I saw it too. It's like she purposely let herself get hurt."

"Why would she even do that?" I said. After I asked that my doorbell suddenly rang. "I'll get it." I told them and left them there.

When I open, I was met with Irene's doctor. I bowed and greeted her

"Seulgi, right?" She softly asked. I nodded, then she hand me a piece of paper. "That's the list of what she'll be needing. Tiffany said to give it to you." I just took it. "And Irene wanted me to tell you to go to her." I look up to meet her eyes. "I wish this won't happen again." She said it to me like she's telling not to let this thing happen again.

"Doctor, how's Irene?" Then came Solar with Moonbyul carrying a lot of plastic bags.

"She's fine now, she just needs rest." She said, assuring Solar.

"Can I go to her?" Solar asked.

"She actually asked for just Seulgi. I think it's better if she'll just go to her alone." Doctor said as she's looking at me. "We'll go now. Take care of her." She said. Soon enough the nurse, she was with earlier, came out of the room and they both walk away together.

I was about to enter back to my home when the two blocked me.

"Aren't you going to Irene?" Moonbyul asked.

"I still have to prepare our meal--"

"We'll do it, Seulgi. Go to her first, she's alone now and hurt. If you're the only one she wants to see, at least be with her." Solar said. I can tell she's really concern about Irene.

"Okay." I said before I went in front of her door and pressed the doorbell. Not long later it opened, revealing her in a beige cardigan and shorts. She actually glows with all these light colors she's wearing and my heart's doing her thing again.

"Come in." She lets me enter her room. It's actually the first time I'm here.

"Are you okay now? Shouldn't you be in bed?" I asked. Looking at her, still in worry that her back might still hurt.

"I'm fine now. It still hurt but I can take it." She sat on her couch and signaled me to do the same.

"What do you want to talk about, Irene?" I went straight to the point.

"Are you awkward that I like you, Seulgi?" that made me look at her.

"What made you think that?" I questioned her. She looked at me in disbelief.

"Obvoiusly, you're avoiding me after I said---" I cut her off

"No. I mean, what makes you think that you like me Irene?"

I'm not dumb. I know why my heart is acting so much whenever she's around.  I like her. I like her a lot, to the point that I care too much about her already. I can't lie, it's starting to scare me...