Chapter VI

Irene's POV

I found myself in her apartment, sitting on her couch while waiting for her. I look around to see her place. It has it's cozy vibe in it.

"Hey." I turn to look at her, carrying a tray with a bowl and spoon in it. "I weren't forced or anything, right?" She questioned me. I chuckled remembering how our conversation went earlier.

Just Earlier...

"You want to eat ice cream with me?" I just look a her in question. "I... It's okay if you don't want to. I mean that was just a random invite..." She stutter and she talks so fast already that I couldn't understand some of her words anymore.

I was just staring at her when I noticed she bowed at me.

"Sorry for talking much. I'll go now." I was just about to stop her from turning around but... "Aww!" She caress her forehead because it receive the impact most, when she turned to walk directly at her already closed door.

I stepped closer to her in worry. "You okay?"

"I'm fine. Hehe." She smiled at me before turning her back and opening up her door.

"Wait Seulgi!" She stopped without looking back at me. I guess I'll just shoot my shot now. "Does your offer still stands?" We were just standing there for a minute before she opened her door wider and waited for me to enter.

end...

That's how I end up here, with still an embarrassed Seulgi.

"Nah. You were cute." I said out of the blue.

"Huh?" That made me realize what words just came out of me. I notice how she reached for her chest.

"I mean, I was not forced Seulgi." I tapped the space beside me, telling her to sit. She looked at me first before sitting. She opened the ice cream she just bought. God! Why did I even agree to this?

"I'm sorry with how I acted earlier, it was embarrassing." She said as she's scooping out ice cream and put in my bowl.

"As I said, you were cute. There's not need to be embarrassed." I said and accepted the bowl full of Ice cream. I just look at it in worry that I might not finish it.

"Too much?" I look at her and nodded. She reached for it and exchanged it to the bowl that was suppose to be hers. "Is this fine?" It was just a half of the bowl. I nodded again and accepted it.

"Thank you" I said, leaning back to her couch and started eating the ice cream. She did the same. We were just eating in silence facing straight to her television that's not even on. I can't seem to complain about the silence between us because it's not actually a deafening or and awkward type, It's actually comforting.

After a few minutes a bark broke the silence that creeps the hell out of me.

"Aaaah!" I shouted when I saw a dog who suddenly appeared in front of mee.

Good thing I was able to put down the bowl and spoon first ton the table before I literally climb up to the couch. The dog stops barking when Seulgi went up and carry it.

"You're scared of dogs?" She asked.

"I'm terrified." I said in a breathy tone. Still standing on her couch looking at her dog, who seemed to be calm in wrapped in her arms. I wonder what it feels like. The dog looks so com-- What am I thinking!? She sat back on the couch and let her dog sit on her lap. I move away from them.

"Sit back down. He won't do anything harmful to you." She look up to me saying that. I was almost convinced already but then her dog barked again that made me startle. "Val. She's a friend." She said to her dog. Val? "Come." She tapped the couch as she's looking at me. I look at her dog, who seemed to be enjoying Seulgi's touch. Why do I feel like he's mocking me? I don't even feel scared, at this point.

"Irene, trust me. He's good. You're good" I meet her eyes. Just before I knew it I'm sat back already on the couch but further from Seul. I look at her, looking lovingly at her dog. "Why are you scared of dogs?" She asked without looking.

"I... Just that..." I feel hesitant first, but then... She faced me. "I didn't grow up with them, Seulgi."

"I don't get it."

"I'm scared of any animal Seulgi, because I never actually met one until recently." She laugh at what I said.

"What? That impossible! How can you not meet a single animal? Unless you were locked up and just came out recently." She said. I know she meant it as a joke but...

"You can say that." Her smile went down when she noticed how serious I was talking now.

"You're not actually serious, are you?" I smiled at her question.

"I- I'm so sorry for laughing. I thought you were joking."

"It's fine." I said. After that I felt the awkward silence coming in. I stand up. I don't feel good, all of a sudden. "It's getting late, Seulgi. I have to go back now." I said.

"Oh! okay." She said.

"Thank you for inviting me for Ice cream." I smiled at her. I walk myself to her door that was soon blocked by her dog. what the?!

I took a step back that was not a good idea because I bump into her. I felt her hands on my waist to keep me balance.

"I guess Val doesn't want you to go home yet." She said behind me, that send shivers down my spine.

I look down at the dog and he literally lie down in front of the door. I closed my eyes, annoyed at the way he's looking at me. Fuck! What's going on?!