Name

If you have watched swarm you will know the similarities.

The warm summer sun hit my skin of my arm as I hung it loosely out the car window. I rubbed my forehead feeling the sweat. I've never been good at handling the heat.

I looked around the car to try see if I could find the bottle of water I had. I sighed when I caught sight of it empty in the backseat.

I put it in my mind to stop at the next gas station I find nearby.

I took in the beauty of this long road, it felt as if I was driving to nothingness, that I would never reach my destination. Which is true due to me not having a destination to get to. Ever since the accident I had to leave. I closed my eyes shortly for a brief moment and I was instantly back there.

"Y/n" my mother shouted crying "what did you do" she gripped her chest sobbing "what did you do".

I shook my head quickly out of the memory. The second I did I saw a gas station.

"Thank god" I said to myself as I pulled in.

I smiled slightly to myself when I stepped foot in the rundown shop, the air conditioning soothing my skin.

Someone bumped into me as I neared the fridge "sorry" we both instantly said. She chuckled and looked at me with her blue eyes that felt like they were looking right into my soul.

"Nice bracelet" she complimented.

I gave a small smile "thanks". I then made my way to the water, taking eight bottles. I didn't know when I would see another gas station again. I needed to stock up.

I made my way out of the store and came to see the car I was driving to be slightly slanted, I furrowed my eyebrows as I neared the car. I looked to see the left tire slashed.

"Fuck" I said to myself. I didn't know what I was going to do. I looked at my surroundings. I was in the middle of nowhere.

"That's not a pretty sight" the blonde that I bumped into said as she stood beside me looking at the car. "You need a ride" she asked.

I stared at her for a moment "I'm good, thanks" I proceeded to walk to the car, opening the door to put my stuff in.

"I'm just trying to help, you know you're in the middle of nowhere right" that sentence made me look at her. "The next civilisation is about three hours away" she chuckled "and that's just another gas station".

"How can you help" she gave a small smile.

"Me and my friends are staying at our country house nearby, thankfully there's a pickup truck there" she extended her hand "my names Billie, yours" she gave a warming smile. She has a face that you can trust. With what I have been through however, I have learned to never trust anyone.

"Sarah" I lied and shook her hand "how far is the drive to yours" I asked. Her smile got bigger as if she had won a trophy.

"Only about an hour".

We pulled up to this beautiful mansion "this is the place" I asked to which she nodded.

We got out of the car and walked to a very small but gorgeous vegetable garden.

"Hey Ariana, I found a friend along the way" Billie said to the brunette who was picking at some tomatoes.

"Welcome" she stood up and gave a warming smile like Billie's. "What's your name" I paused for a second trying to remember the name I gave Billie.

"Sarah" I gave a small smile.

"Well Sarah you must be exhausted with this weather" was it that easy to tell that I was not handling this heat well.