Once upon a time in Hollywood

I wiped the sweat off of my head and then took off my sunglasses when I entered the small Café.

I've been in LA for a week and I'm still finding it hard getting used to this hot weather. I'm also finding it hard at getting a job but I'm determined and the main thing keeping that determination in my body is the look on everybody's faces at home that laughed at my dreams at becoming an actor.

I mean LA is the heart of opportunity so what could go wrong.

I went up and ordered my coffee, I took a seat while I waited for my order to come to me.

While I was looking around at the pictures of all the celebrities that have came to this particular café I couldn't help but notice the gaze of a man with grey hair looking directly at me, he had a fatherly look about him. I gave him a small nod and to which he replied with lifting his coffee cup a little.

The barista came to me with my order "here you go m'am" he had a friendly smile on his face.

"Thank you" I said as he placed the piping hot cup of coffee on the small table in front of me.

"No worries and I was wondering are you new around here, I mean only locals come to this place" he chuckled.

"Yeah actually I am" I smiled "I've been here a week so far".

"Do you plan on staying" he asked.

"Yes, yes I am" I said and then he stepped closer to me.

"Word of advice" he said lowly "be careful of who you keep your company with around here because some of these people will take your eye out and come back for the other" he then gave me a small smile as he walked away.

When I took my gaze away from him, it was then I noticed that the grey haired man was no longer there. I paid no mind to it and started to drink my coffee as I looked at the casting ads in the newspaper.

One caught my eye.

They're taking on extras for a movie down at thirty eight studios and all you had to do was stand at the gate and if they liked how you looked then you got it.

I stood at the huge metal gate along with a crowd who were all dressed to impress.

"I heard it's a love movie they're doing" a woman beside me said who had a classic rep lipstick on her lips "I'm Annie by the way" she shook my hand.

I took her hand in mine "Y/n" she stood beside me and it was clear to see that her body was shaking with anticipation.

My eyes left Annie as I heard the gates being open. There stood a talk woman with fiery orange hair and a pair of glasses on her face.

Everyone went quite as she took the look of us all in.

"You" she pointed at a man with a green hat on.

"You" she pointed at a woman with a pink skirt on.

"And you" she pointed at Annie.

"Oh my god" Annie squeezed my hand "I'll tell you all about the next time I see you" she said as she walked in through the gates.

"How do you know you'll see me again" I said just before she was too far to not hear me.

She then turned around with a smile on her face and said "it's LA, I'm bound to see you again".

I went back to that same coffee shop I was in and slammed the newspaper on the table in front of me.

A new barista came down with my coffee this time. I put my head in my hands and sighed only then to go to grab my cup of coffee.

"Oh shit" I jumped back in my seat as I met eyes with the grey haired man I saw yesterday now sitting across from me.

"Hard day at work" he took out a cigar and lit it.

I scoffed "I wish" I sat back in my seat "I thought you could get any job in LA" that statement that left my mouth made him chuckle.

"Let me guess thirty eight studios didn't take you in as an extra" I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

"How did you know" he exhaled some smoke and then said.

"I know everything about everyone around here" he chuckled again "I want to help you out".

That sparked my interest "how" I said wondering about how this mysterious man could solve my problems.

He took another puff of his cigar "I want to give you a job".

We both stood outside an all white gas station.

"A gas station, you're giving me a job at a gas station" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Not just any gas station" he put his hand on my shoulder and walked me into the place.

We walked into his office and he sat me down on one of his chairs.

"Look kid this isn't just any ordinary gas station" he tried to hint at what he was trying to say but I didn't get it.

"Okay you want to be an actor" I nodded.

"Well this is the place where you get them connections Y/n, this is the heart of Hollywood".

"How" I asked.

"Actors,singers, models, movie producers, writers" he waved his hands "the list goes on but they all come here for our services if you get me" he laughed but I was still confused.

"Here's how it goes they come here and if they like you, you get in the car with them and help them with" he thought for a second "personal needs" he finished.

"As in sex" I said and he nodded.

"Okay that's it" I stood up and walked out of his office with him walking after me.

"Look Y/n if you walk out of here it'll be a big mistake" I stopped walking and he caught up with me "this is how you get into Hollywood".

A car beeped it's horn calling him over "one second".

I could hear him talking to whoever is in the car and then he came back over to me.

"That's Ariana Grande she makes all the best movies in Hollywood" I look over his shoulder to see a brunette biting her lip at me "every film you have seen she more than likely has made it" I sighed.

"What do I have to do" that made a smile come up on his face as he grabbed my shoulder laughing.

"Now you're being a smart girl, all you have to do is get in that car and both of you will take it from there okay" I nodded "welcome to Hollywood" was the last thing he said before I started walking closer to the successful woman.

I got in the backseat with her "well aren't you a treat to look at" she said to me and then told her driver to go.

As the car started to drive she slid closer to me and placed her hand on my inner thigh.

"Are you new around here" she asked and I nodded making her smile.

"Good".