𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝗢𝗳 𝗚𝗼𝗱

I walked into work late today. It was currently 4:30. "Morning guys" I said with a raspy tone. "Whoa, why are you late? and what happened to your voice?" Paul asked as TK laughed.

"why are you laughing man? That's your sister!" Paul was concerned. "Her voice is always raspy when she wakes up. It's a sign, meaning she had a really good sleep. Anyways, why are you late?" TK asked me.

"I don't know, I just forgot to set my alarm. TK could you make me a coffee, pretty please" I said as I was half asleep.

"Of course, little sis" TK said as he made my coffee. He made it and gave me my coffee.

"Thanks" I said as I drank it. "I swear, ya'll have got to be the best siblings I've ever seen" Mateo said as we were watching the news.

"Oh boy, it's gonna be a long shift today" TK said as he walked towards Judd. "And that is why we are kicking things off with Paul's world-famous spicy sausage rigatoni" Paul said as he was making us some food.

"Sausage? Really dude?" Marjan said as she walked in. "Chill, it's turkey" Paul said.

"hey! how spicy are we talking?" Judd asked as he was fixing the table. "cause my Scotch-Irish constitution rejects any and all things cayenne" Judd spoke.

"I like spicy" Mateo said. "Yes" Paul winked at him. "All right, well you can have bathroom duty then" Judd spoke.

"Someone's on one today" I said as I turned around. "Is it that obvious? I don't know. Me and Grace had a little uh little disagreement before work" Judd said.

"You wanna talk about it?" TK asked. "Hell no" Judd said as thunder was crackling.

"It's like the end of days out there" Marjan said. "Hey, go take down the colours, cause we don't fly the flags in rough weather" Judd asked me.

"No, not Y/n. Cap would kill her. It's her last warning. If anything bad happens to her out of Cap's sight. She's not coming back" TK said as he warned Judd.

"For real?" Marjan asked me. "I'm fine, there's nothing to worry about. Dad's just being way too overprotective" I said as I was about to do what Judd said.

"Actually no, I agree with your Dad. Mateo you're up" Judd spoke as I sat back down. "Ugh" I said.

"Well, why me? I got the salad?" Mateo asked. "Because you're the probie" Everyone said except for me.

"Y/n, do you agree with this?" Mateo asked me. "I don't know, I just don't feel like arguing with you guys" I said as I drank my coffee.

"Right" Mateo said as he went to do what he was told. I actually felt bad for the probie.

---------------------------

"Impeccable timing Cap, want me to fix you a plate?" Judd asked as Dad walked towards us. "Oh, no. no. I'm good" Dad said.

"Aw hell no Cap. You're not about to do my rigatoni like that. Man it's halal, gluten free, nitrate-free, because ya'll here are the hardest bunch of people to cook for" Paul complained.

"That's okay. I got a burger on the way in" Dad spoke as he sat down next to me. I was confused because he normally sits next to TK or Judd. Weird. "You eat burgers?" Marjan asked him.

"Seriously, me and TK haven't seen you eat a burger since Derek Jeter retired" I said as I ate my food. "Yeah, I passed a place and it looked good. So I went in" Dad said. 

"What place?" TK asked. "Um the one over by the... the- Addison" Dad said as Judd cut him off. 

"It's the place I told you about. King's Broiler. Grace says it's the best veggie burger in town. Did you do the whole uh- the lettuce bun thing" Judd said.