𝗔𝘄𝗮𝗸𝗲𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴

I was on a walk. An early walk. Dad said I should take 3 or 4 days off work. I reckon 4 days was a bit too much but I still took those 4 days off. Today was day number 2. I was walking around Austin just trying... to do something because I've got nothing to do.

I got a call from Eddie. "Hey, what's up?" I said with a smile. "How are you doing?" He asked me. "I'm fine, just taking a walk" I said as I was trying not to make it seem like I was stressed. "Y/n, don't bullshit me. I know what happened to TK. Carlos told me everything" He spoke.

"Damn it, Carlos" I said. "It's not Carlos's fault Y/n. You should've told me what had happened. I was here thinking you were ghosting me. Now, how are you doing?" He asked me again.

"Not... good I guess. I feel like I should've done something like I should've moved him out of the way or something! Knowing that he's in there and I'm out here" I said.

"hey, how were you supposed to know that a seven year old kid had a gun and was ready to fire? It's not your fault Y/n" He told me. I got a text from dad. 'he's awake'

"Oh shit" I said. "what? what!" Eddie shouted through the phone. "TK's awake" I said. "Okay, well go see him! Call me later" He said. "All right, thanks Eddie. I love you" I spoke. "Love you more, Y/n. bye bye" He said as I ended it.

I ran all the way to the hospital.

-------------------------

I ran inside and up some stairs. I ran into his room. "TK? TK! You're awake" I said as I hugged him. "Whoa, hey there little sis" He spoke. "How are you feeling?" I asked him as I stood up straight.

"Better" He spoke. "Oh, hi? I'm your father. How are you doing?" Dad mocked me because I didn't say Hi to him.

"Hi Dad" I said as I hugged him. I see lady behind him. "Are you his doctor?" I asked her.

"Oh, no. I'm his uh his date" She said. "You brought a date?" I asked Dad. Dad shrugged. "Zoe this is Y/n, my daughter. Y/n this is Zoe" Dad introduced me.

"Hi" I said as I shook her hand.

Zoe left and it was just us three in the room.

"So are you gonna tell me how long you've been seeing her?" TK asked Dad. "When you tell me how long you've been seeing a cop?" Dad roasted TK.

"Oh God" TK whined. "Ooo, burn! He found out" I laughed. "And how long have you known?" Dad asked me.

"Damn, do you smell that? I think it's coffee, ooo. I'm gonna go get me some" I said as I tried getting out of there. Dad laughed.

"That's your sister" He laughed. "That's your daughter" TK said.

-------------------------

TK was finally at home. Resting of course. I was already ready to start work, I was waiting on Dad. "Here you go son" Dad said as he grabbed another water bottle from the fridge.

"I'm not even half way done with this one" TK said. "You heard the Doctor. You can't overhyrdrate, if you're- don't tell me what colour my pee should be again" Dad spoke as TK cut him off.

"What?" TK said as Dad grabbed another pillow. "You need a pillow" Dad said. "I'm fine!" TK complained. "No you look uncomfortable. Last thing you need is a stiff neck" Dad said. "I said, I'm fine!" TK said.

"Dad, I think he's fine" I said as I pushed the extra pillow away. "Thanks Y/n" TK said.

"Do you really plan to hover me like a mother hen for the next three weeks?" TK said. "They said you might heal up in ten days but yeah. I talked to Deputy Chief Radford. He said to take as much time at home as I need" Dad said as I rolled my eyes.