𝗗𝗶𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝘂𝗹𝘁 𝗖𝗼𝗻𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀

"Who are we here for? Him or Her?" Marjan asked as we got out of the fire truck. "Him. I'll hold the elevator. RA unit from downtown will be here any second" TK said. 

"Sounds like maybe his heart gave out in the middle of a little afternoon delight" Paul said as I got out of the truck. "There's worse ways to go" I laughed. "Boys and Girls" Marjan exclaimed. 

We walked into the hotel and used the elevator. "I think it should be this one right here" Paul said as we walked behind him. "Austin FD, Open up." Paul knocked on the door. 

He knocked again and still no answer. "All right, everybody stand back. Let's go" Judd said as he used the battering ram. "Clear the door" Judd said as someone opened the door. "Sorry, I thought I propped it open. He's unconscious on the bed" The Hotel manager said.  Judd was about to knock the dude over with the battering ram. 

We all walked inside. "Please help him, he won't wake up. Tell me he's not dead. Please tell me he's not dead!" The lady started crying. 

"Ma'am just try to relax. Take some deep breaths, come sit down" Marjan said. "They're gonna do everything they can" She said. 

"Miss, do you know if he was drinking or doing any drugs" One of the paramedics said. "No I mean, a little champagne" She said. "We were just fooling around" She said as I tried not to laugh. 

"Firefighters, can you help me turn him over?" He asked. "Yep-yep" I said as me and Judd assisted. "On two" Judd said. "One, two..." Judd said as we turned him around. 

Judd quickly backed up, like he was scared. Does he know the dude? I looked back at him. 

"Airway's clear. Breathing is laboured. He's tachycardic. Looks like a myocardical infarction" The paramedic said. "That's a heart attack, isn't it?" She asked. "Let's prep a line and push nitro" He said. 

"Uh, somebody should check his glucose" Judd suggested. "Are you saying this isn't a heart attack?" The paramedic asked. "I'm just saying you should check his glucose" Judd said again. 

He definitely knows this dude. 

"He is clammy. Could be hypoglycemic shock" The paramedic said. "Ma'am, do you know if your friend is diabetic?" Marjan asked. 

"I don't know, we're not really that close" She said. "They look pretty close to me" Mateo made another joke. "Cut it out" I said as I smacked him. "Blood glucose is 25. Damn, you're right. He's diabetic. Forget the nitro. Let's run a line of dextrose" The paramedic said. 

"How'd you do that?" Paul asked Judd. "Hey" The guy said. "He's coming back" The paramedic said. "Vitals stabilising" He spoke. "Oh, thank God! Pooh Bear!" The lady said. "TK get that service elevator ready. We're bringing him down" Judd said as he rushed out of the room. 

I looked at him and then back at the diabetic dude... wait a fucking minute. 

-----------------------------

"Hypoglycemic Shock and you called it from across the room. So, what, are you Dr. House now?" I said as I walked up to Judd. "It was just a lucky guess" Judd said. "Yeah right" I said. 

"You know him, don't you?" I asked him. "I thought I did" Judd said. "That's your father-in-law isn't it?" I asked him. "That's Grace's daddy"

"And that is not her mom" I said. "No it ain't" Judd said. 

what a day.

-----------------------------

We were all in the gym today. I was on the treadmill. 'No One' by Alicia Keys was playing on the speakers. I was getting tired. "Come on" I groaned as I kept going. I slowed it down and hopped off. I walked towards the dumbbells. "Oh!" TK said as he looked at me.