𝗕𝗮𝗱 𝗖𝗮𝗹𝗹

"An Attitude Of Gratitude"

"You hear that a lot in the program and as I look around this room, I have some much to be grateful for. I would not have made it through this year or earned this chip without all of you" TK said. 

"We love you bro" Paul said. "Yeah we do" Marjan yelled. 

"Last year, I was in a very dark place. I relapsed, and I almost died and then Dad brought us to Texas. Serving here has been a true honour. I know this last year has been hard for a lot of people but for me, it's been a year full of miracles. Our Captain is in remission. I'm working alongside heroes who have become much more than friends. They've become family and I found an incredible man who showed me that it is okay to open up my heart again and then maybe the biggest miracle of all, one that I've been praying for since I was seven, my parents got back together. All right! Thank you everybody for being here. Let's dance, enjoy Charles' amazing food, even have a drink and remember, tip your servers" TK said as we all applauded.

Everyone was so happy and looked happy. I was still hurt about Eddie. 

I sat outside with my beer bottle just looking at the night sky. 

Captain Vega noticed me sitting away from the party... again. 

"Y/n Lynn Strand" She said as she sat next to me. "Hey Cap" I said as I looked down at my beer bottle. "Wanna tell me why you aren't there with the rest of us?" She asked me. 

"Same issue" I said. "Your boyfriend?" She asked me. I coughed. "Ex-boyfriend" I said. 

"What? What happened?" She asked me as she put her arm around my shoulder. "They were celebrating one of their co-workers'birthdays. He got drunk and uh... he kissed another girl" I said as I gave her all the deets.

"Oh no" She said as she stroked my hair. "Yeah well, it is what it is right? Life sucks, it's fucked up. Besides, it doesn't matter anymore. He's probably smooching some other girl right now" I said as I drank my beer. 

"Don't say that Y/n, stupid things happen whilst you're drunk" She said. "So you're taking his side?" I asked her. "No, I'm just saying. Maybe, you're going a bit too far. Give him one more chance" She said. 

"I don't know" I said. 

"Not everything stays the same sweetheart" She said. 

"Come on, let's go enjoy this party" She said as she dragged my ass inside the house. 

Maybe I'll give him one more chance...

--------------------------------------

I was about to walk out the door when I saw a lot of boxes that said Gywneth Morgan. "Mum?" I shouted across the room. "yes, honey?" She said. "What's happening?" I asked. "I'm moving back to New York" She said so plain. "What?" I said numbly. "Y/n, honey. The baby..." She said. 

I figured it out. "It isn't Dad's right?" I said. She nodded her head. "Well, then whose is it?" I asked. 

"Enzo's" She spoke. "I mean, good for the baby. Enzo's been there every time. Maybe Captain Vega was right. Not everything stays the same, right?" I said as I was about to walk away. 

"Honey, do be like this" She said. "No mum, it's fine. You know, I really thought we all would've been the perfect family after all. But it's fine, I'll be okay. It's just gonna be like old times, right mum?" I said. She went into silent mode. 

I scoffed. "I gotta go to work" I said as I left the house in anger.

--------------------------------------