𝗘𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝗧𝗵𝗲𝗶𝗿 𝗕𝗿𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿

Judd and I were teaching TK how to drive a fire-truck and how to start it. "All right" Judd said as he got into the truck. "Did you do your walk-around?" Judd asked TK. "All compartment doors are secure, all six tires are at 100 PSI" TK said. 

"All right, you know what to do skipper" Judd said. "So, ignition switch" TK said as he looked at me. "Mm-hm" I said as I winked at him. "And start button" TK said as he pushed the start button. Nothing happened. I laughed. "Y/n, stop" Judd said.

"It's broken" He said. "Nope it ain't broken, brother" I said. "So ask yourself, what'd you forget?" Judd said. It took TK a couple of seconds to realise he forgot the battery switch. "All right, I got this" TK said. "You got it, take your time" I said to sound like I was actually encouraging him.

"Battery switch, Ignition switch, and start button" TK said as the truck revved. Okay TK. "What's next?" I asked him. "Uh, oil pressure's all good and here we go" TK said as he started driving, little did he know, he forgot another part. The truck would go and stop, go and stop, go and stop. It was hard for me not to laugh. 

"Damn it!" TK said as he smacked the steering wheel. "All right, take a minute" Judd said. "Take a breath, ask yourself, what'd you forget?" Judd asked him again. "The point of any of this" TK said. "Well the point of it is, you begged me and your sister to help you get your fire specialist certification. You said you wanted a challenge, you recall?" Judd said. 

I laughed, I fucked up. "Y/n, get out. You're making this worse" Judd said as I hopped out the truck laughing. "I'm so gonna get fired one day" I said. 

I heard a baby cry nearby. Oh god, please no.

- ​🇫​​🇱​​🇦​​🇸​​🇭​ ​🇧​​🇦​​🇨​​🇰​ -

TK and I stared at our parents. Jaws dropped and eyes wide open. They both smiled at us. I looked at mum with a confused face and then dad. "Wait a minute- you're- you're pregnant?" TK said. 

"That's right" Mum said. "Isn't it great?" Dad said. "You're gonna be a BIG big brother and you're gonna be a big sister" Dad said as he pointed at us. 

"Is this even possible?" I said. "It's confirmed" Mum said. "By science" Dad said. 

What. The. Fuck.

- ​🇪​​🇳​​🇩​ ​🇴​​🇫​ ​🇫​​🇱​​🇦​​🇸​​🇭​ ​🇧​​🇦​​🇨​​🇰​ -

"Ooh Damn, so your pops got some powerful stuff" Judd teased. "Really? That's your takeaway?" I said. "No, I'm saying it's impressive. It also goes to show you should always use birth control 'cause whether you think you can or you can't, you can" Judd said. 

"Yeah well according to them, they were" TK said. "Ooh, that's what I'm saying. That's powerful stuff" Judd said again. "Ugh, all right" I said as I ate my ice-cream. 

"I understand how you feel though" Judd told me. "You do?" I asked him. "Your whole life, it's just been you and TK, right? So you were the firstborn, you were the second and you're the baby but you're always gonna be the firstborn and you don't get to be the baby no more" Judd said as he pointed to TK and then me. 

"So what are you saying? That I'm threatened? 'cause that's ridiculous" I said. "No it's biblical" Judd said. "You got Cain and Abel, the Prodigal Son's less famous older brother, and Joseph's ten hermanos. They were about your age when he came along and they chucked his ass down a well" Judd said. 

"Yeah but I'm not chucking anyone down a well" I said. "I'm saying it's natural to resent the baby. Trust me. I got three brothers. What, you think it was peace in the valley every time another Ryder boy come along" Judd told us.