Six

Valentino's POV

What was the point of giving someone your number...well more like them taking your number and then them not texting you? I stared at my phone the rest of the night waiting to see if he was going to text. And nothing. Was this some weird power play? His way of proving that he is the 'dominant' one? Well NEWS FLASH he's not. I am... I think.

Goddess, he is sooo weird.

'Stop calling our mate weird.' Zay spoke up, slightly growling at me.

'I will once he stops being weird.'

'Go find him. We should talk to him before class.'

'Talk about what, Zay?'

'I don't know...stuff?'

'Exactly. Now go away.'

Goddess, how do people even make conversation? I remember back when I first started dating Dalia and how I flirted with her but this was different. One, he was a he. Two, he was obviously pretty smart when it came to words and shit. Three, anytime he looks at me I feel like falling to the ground. So there's that.

"You good man?" Q said pulling me out of my thoughts. I turned to look at him and closed my locker.

"Yeah dude, I'm fine. Everything is great over here." I forced a smile on my face and we began walking.

I had yet to run into Dalia or talked to her since yesterday. But did that bother me? Hell. No. Though I wonder what would happen if I flirted with her in front of Koa in class...would I get a reaction then? Would I be able to break his stone-cold gaze? Should I find out?

'No the fuck you shouldn't.' Zay growled at me. I'm sure if he could he would have slapped me.

'Zay, come on, it would be fun. Don't you want to know how he feels about us?'

'There is a better, more mature way. Like maybe ASKING.'

'That's boring though...'

'You're an idiot. Like genuinely stupid.'

'Zay, use nice words. You're hurting my feelings.'

'You're going to end up hurting yourself if you go through with this.'

All I could do is smile at that, I'm willing to risk it. Especially to see Koa all riled up and mad. I will say Zay had a point. I could just, I don't know, text him. But this would be more fun. Mainly for me. I have to remind him, he is not the one in control here. It's me.

"Are you going to tell me what was going on with your mate that had you all upset?" Quinton asked with a look of concern on his face. I groaned out in frustration. I have to tell him at some point. No better time than the present right?

"My mate is a guy," I told him my voice low.

"Oh shit." I waited to see if he was going to say something else or have a look of disgust. But all he did was look surprised.

"Not only is it...that. But they are also a lycan."

"My goddess, you serious?" His voice was quiet and I was thankful for it.

"And--"

"AND? There's more?"

"He is the soon-to-be new Lycan alpha. Koa Mickaya" I had to force it out and looked down at the ground.

"Okay. Stop. Just stop for one second."

He put his hands up and slammed them on his head which was covered in a purple velvet durag. He had his mouth open in shock and walked around in a circle. He was so dramatic.