Eight

Valentino's POV

I was laying in my bed, staring at my phone. Well staring at Koa's name on my phone. He said we would talk later. And school was over, well at least for me. But he did say that. But what was his definition of later? What if he didn't text me at all this weekend? Two days of no contact? I know that we just met but I was already getting used to him being around.

I groaned out in frustration and put my phone down to rub my hands down my face. It has only been two days. TWO DAYS. And I was already down bad. How embarrassing.

Vin knocked on the door and walked in with Q and Jonah behind him.

"What do you want?" I really didn't want any company, unless it was Koa. Goddess, I'm pathetic.

"It's Friday, we are going out." Q says as he walks further into the room and slams himself on my bed.

"I don't want to," I whined and rolled over, trying to cover my head with a pillow.

"Get your love-struck ass up." Q rolled on top of me and started pulling my hair. "We're going to Bobby's." He whispered in my ear, it was mildly uncomfortable. I pushed him off of me and sat up. I definitely perked up hearing Bobby's. It was a bowling alley, mixed with arcades, and a bar. Best of all the worlds. Plus the bartenders were in the pack and as the future alpha, I get as many free drinks as I want.

"Fine. But only because it's Bobby's."

"I'm gonna need you to be my wingman. Crista is going to be there and I am trying to GET.IT.ON." Q put all his weight on me in order to get up and it made me groan in pain.

Unfortunately, Quinton had yet to meet his mate. He had been 18 way longer than me. Actually, his 19th birthday was just around the corner. And yes, he was super chill about it and never complained but I knew deep down it bothered him.

"Yeah, whatever." I grabbed my phone and still, no notifications. Maybe going to Bobby's is what I needed to get my mind off the possibility of not talking or seeing my mate until Monday. Hell. Literal hell.

******

We walked into Bobby's and it was already full and popping. There were a bunch of people here from school and some adults too. But I wasn't focused on that. I was focused on the fact that my PHONE hadn't BUZZED yet.

As we were walking to our reserved alley for bowling a certain smell hit my nose. A very specific smell. Sea salt and Peach. I immediately was on alert and I looked around the room alleyways to see where he was.

Then I spotted him at an alley with a drink in his hand sitting on a bar stool. He looked so casual and relaxed. He was wearing a gray crew neck and black jeans. His hair was down and it looked freshly washed.

That's when I noticed the man he was with. He was a tall brown skin man, with locs put up into a bun. He was also wearing a red crew neck and dark-wash jeans. He was unfortunately very handsome. He just rolled the ball and got a strike and was walking back toward Koa.

Jealousy started to rise and my chest got hot. Not in a good way. But what really set me over the edge was when I saw Koa smile at the man. He smiled. But not because of me. But because of someone else. Was this a date? Was he on a date?

"Hey, you okay? You're growling." Q said putting his hand on my shoulder. But stopped and started smelling the air. "Do you smell that? It smells amazing."

"Who does he think he is?" I said through gritted teeth. Was this why he didn't text me? He was with another GUY? Oh hell no. No. No. No.

Before I could stop myself, I started stomping over to where he was. Q hot on my trails. The guy noticed us first, well noticed Q first. That made Koa turn around and his eyes went wide as he looked at me.