Thirty

Koa's Pov

Tino of course fell asleep as soon as he had his fill, I was up now getting dressed. We were having family dinner and tonight would be the night we confront Khelani about her mate. I was nervous, to say the least. 

We had no idea how she would react, we were hoping for the best. We would also tell her that Cristoff is allowed onto the territory if he so chooses to come. And is allowed to stay in our home. A fact I have yet to tell Tino. And I was...but then we got distracted. 

But now there was no denying what was happening and we couldn't hide from it. Though I knew Tino would.

I knew the pressure of alpha was something that bothered him, and caused him immense stress. Not to mention his father and his constant critiquing, which angered me to my core. There were times in these past meetings when Tino was not present he would make comments. Comments about pushing his assigning back even further.

Valentino didn't deserve that. But if he so choose to give up his alpha title after we married, I would take control of both packs. The lycans and the werewolves. I would do that for him. 

Not only that but if Tino decided he just wanted to be a Luna, which I could see him doing perfectly, then I would support him. Whatever decision he made I would support it. 

I wanted to tell Tino about everything before we went downstairs, I wouldn't want him blindsided. I also have yet to tell him about the text that I got from Alcander. But I had to tell him. Even though I hate seeing Tino upset.

If I could keep him in a blissed-out state forever I would. But that isn't life. There will always be something. But I would do everything in my power to keep it from affecting him.

Tino rolled and grumbled. His hand searched the bed and I assume for me.

"Baby?" He mumbled, his eyes still closed. Allister purred at the name, he rarely ever called me anything other than my name. "Babe?" He called again and it sounded more awake this time. Then moments later he was sitting up looking around the room frantically and his eyes landed on me, now leaning against the dresser with my arms crossed.

"Oh, you're here." He let out a deep breath and fell back into the bed. "Come here, please." He had his arms wide open for me and I went immediately. He had no idea that whenever he said please that I would fall to my knees in front of him. 

I laid myself softly on top of him and he wrapped his arms around me and I put my face in his neck. 

"Why are you dressed?" His voice mumbled against my shoulder.

"We are going to a family dinner, and there are some things I should tell you before we go." I moved off of him and sat at the edge of the bed. He looked at me confused, as he reached into the bedroom side table and put on his glasses. One of the many things he brought here to make himself more. Which warmed my heart and filled Allister with pride every time.

"So, tonight we will be confronting Khelani about Cristoff, and then my parents offered to let Cristoff stay with us if he so chooses."

Valentino nodded and I moved my hand to cup his face and rub my thumb across it. 

"And I should also tell you that I got a text from Alcander, saying he would see me soon. I don't quite know what that means and I didn't respond. But I just thought you should know." I stayed silent as I awaited a response but he just sighed.

"When did my father make this decision?"

"Today during the meeting." I cleared my throat before asking the next question, making sure I worded it just right to not cause any unwarranted feelings in him. "I know you don't enjoy coming to these meetings, perhaps I could be the voice for the both of us."