Chapter 1: Safety

A humming was heard throughout the ocean. A gorgeous voice that was loved by many. It practically put ease into everyone's hearts and souls...

Under the water, there laid a castle. One with mighty guards and fishes that swam by. There sat a woman, holding a baby in her arms. She had long flowing
H/c hair, eyes shining like the the sun. Her tail was a beautiful f/c. Her child, looked similar except they had e/c eyes, from their father.

"My sweet little droplet...you must sleep now." The woman said in a hushed tone. But the child giggled holding on to her face.

"My my, you are full of energy aren't you?" She giggled lifting the baby up as they stared down at their mother with giggles.

"They still awake?" A strong toned voice spoke, and the woman turned to her husband.

"They seemed to be restless Malo." The woman giggled as the baby tried reaching for their father with cries of joy.

"Wow! Heya squirt. You need to stop giving your Mama and I a hard time. Sleep is important!!" Malo said jokingly with a stern tone. But the baby just squealed as they chewed on their father's finger.

"Easy there little piranha." He snorts. The mother smiled at the scene, only to frown. Malo noticed this and gently caressed her face.

"You know we're doing it for their safety, you know that right Valoria?" Malo said softly. Valoria sniffed as her tears joined one with the water.

"Why must we suffer...? Those hunters have done nothing but ruined our lives..."

"I know. I know...But if our child is to be our Kingdom's next hope to live on, then we must do what is right..." Malo sighed as he looked down his now asleep child.

"But They are so young...are you sure there isn't anything we can do...?" She asked helplessly and Malo kissed her forehead.

"I'm afraid not my love..."

"Your highnesses!! Guards have spotted hunters from the west and east side!!" A Merknight shouts as he suddenly burst into the throne room. Malo and Valoria stared at each other, quickly swimming out of their kingdom.

"My dear, you must take our child. Take them to the pipes. My men and I will keep the hunters distracted." Malo demanded as he handed over their child to his wife.

"Please...be safe." Valoria whispered and he nods kissing her goodbye. He then gives his child one last look, kissing their head, lingering for a moment, before rushing off to fight.

Valoria wasted no time as she too swam off. Bombs and spears were being thrown into the water. She kept her hold on her child as she swam as fast as she could. Rocks and debris from above falling down, making it difficult to maneuver. That's when she saw the green pipe, and her face lifted.

"We're almost there my child..." She said with a bittersweet smile.

She swam closer and closer-

"Agh!!" She hissed as she felt a spear pierce directly into her side. Her baby falling from her grasped and into the sand. She looked at the spear, and was about to remove, but she heard her baby cry out from the sudden loss of feeling their mother, and she quickly got back to swimming. Picking up her child, despite the blood pouring out into the water, she quickly swam around the debris.

"Sh...M-mama's got you..." She hushed weakly as she finally made it through the pipe. She felt herself being pulled into it, and she was transported into another place. One full of metal and steam. She resurfaced from the nasty water and quickly jumped onto the cold ground. Her tail was then transformed into legs, and she stood up.