Chapter 11: Wake up...

I sniff as I try to dry my tears to the best ability. But it wasn't really working. I was overwhelmed. I was upset. And I couldn't...feel anything... my whole body was numb.

Some kids were picking on me again...calling me a freak...that I was nothing. I was sick and tired of being treated as if I was some scum on the Earth. All because I was different from everyone else.

Maybe I deserve it...

I can't do anything right...

I am really just some freak...

A nobody.

"Y/n?! Y/n!!"

Luigi...?

No I don't want him see me like this...

I huddled further in the corner I hid in, sniffing as I desperately tried to stop my sobbing. But luck wasn't on my side, because Luigi heard me.

"Y/n...?"

"Go away Luigi...I want to be alone..." I sniff as I turned my head away so he couldn't see my puffy red eyes. Luigi didn't listen as he sat next to me.

"Hey..." he started out, "You ok...?"

"What do you think?" I snap slightly before apologizing, "Sorry I'm just...I'm just tired. I don't get why people are so mean...what do they gain from hurting others...?" I seethed as angered tears emerged from my eyes.

Luigi was silent for a moment. He hates seeing his best friend like this. It absolutely shatters his soul. But he didn't want to just sit there, being useless. Carefully, Luigi slid his hand into Y/n's, grasping it gently.

I perk up as Luigi took my hand, a twinge a blush on my face at the sudden feeling that bloomed in my chest. Luigi took his other hand, wiping my tears as he smiled softly.

"You're too amazing to cry. Those bullies don't deserve your tears..." He started out, pausing with a sigh, "I-I know this won't help, but...don't listen to those who bring you down ok? You're so...pretty and wonderful. And don't think that you're not a nobody, because You're somebody to ME."

I was stunned, sure Luigi and I comforted each other a lot but this...this felt different...felt new...what is this feeling?

"You think I'm pretty?" I giggled as I wipe away the rest of my tears. Luigi stuttered as his whole face began to grow hot.

"W-Well not pretty- NOT THAT IM CALLING YOU UGLY- Your gorgeous!! I MEAN-"

"Luigi!! I was messing with you!!" I laugh and he sighed, covered his face in embarrassment. But he soon joined in Y/n's laughter, as it was to intoxicating to not laugh along.

The laughter began to fade...I looked around in panic as I saw Luigi's face grow serious.

It was beginning to grow dark again. My ears hurt...why are they ringing? Why is it so cold...?

Luigi. He looked at me, holding my face in his hands.

"Wake up Y/n..."

"W-what?" I muttered

"W a k e U p."

I gasp as I shot my eyes opened.

I'm alive?

But I thought I-