Chapter 7: Rest and Pain

After days and days of traveling, we decided to take a well deserved break. We were camping near a tree and...I believe Peach called them Fire flowers? She says they grant the ability to use fire. Mario tried it and it was really funny since he about burnt the Princess's hair. I never worked for me though, even if it did it only lasted about 10 seconds.

It could be due to the whole...water hands thing...Maybe Peach will know something about it? Maybe she can even tell me about my birth mark on my forehead. Or at least that's what I was told all the time what it was, yet I always had to hide it. Something tells me it's not just some mark...I've seen birthmarks, and non of them looked like mine.

"Boom sticks have been collected!!" Toad screeching broke me from my thoughts. I thank him and began stacking the sticks in a Teepee like structure. I then noticed Mario looking down at his hat, a dejected look on his face. Peach seemed to notice too.

"Thinking about your brother?" She asked as she placed extra stick and twigs on the floor, and Taos grabbed them and began fortifying my TeePee structure, to keep it steady.

"We've never been apart this long..." Mario sighed, feeling hopeless. I frowned and came up next to him, hugging his shoulders.

"Don't worry Mario...We're gonna get Luigi back. I know we will." I said to him. Even it means if I have to find him myself.

"They're right you know. We're gonna save him." Peach added in and Mario smiled at the encouragement. Peach then touched one of the fire flowers, her pink dress turning into a white one. She played with the flame before shooting it at the stick TeePee, as it caught on fire.

"You don't seem like you're from here..." Mario said as he placed his hat back on, standing up.

"For once I agree with Red." I say and Mario hits my arm in offense. Peach smiled at the little banter as she looked down.

"I don't know where I'm from."

"Really?" Mario and I said surprise. Peach nodded as she looked out into the distance.

"Yep...My earliest memory was arriving...I was so lucky they found me. They took me in. Raised me like one of their own. And...when I was ready...They made me their princess..." She said, reminiscing all the times in her childhood, a bright smile on her face.

"Wow...I'm glad they did find you. For you are one amazing Princess." I compliment and Peach giggled.

"Hey...Maybe you're from our world?" Mario pipped up and I nod my head in agreement.

"There's a huge universe out there..." Peach began as she turned to the starry sky, "With a lot of galaxies..." she turned back to Mario giving him a certain look, Mario also giving her this soft eyed smile. They then turned back to the sky watching silently.

Toad and I looked at each other, back to them, then back at each other. We both got the same idea as smirks rose to our faces. Toad then pulled out a flute, playing some romantic music for them, making me snort. I walked away to leave the two alone, leaning my back against the tree as I sat down.

I pulled out my phone, which I'm surprised wasn't damaged by the event that has happened in the past couple of days. I've been trying not to use it as much, so the battery doesn't die. Unfortunately there's not service reception in this world, so I couldn't contact anyone.

I put in my password and clicked on my photos app. I swiped through my camera roll as I felt the homesickness grow even more. Most of the photos was of me and my dads doing stupid stuff. Like pranking each other, terrible karaoke videos, and documentaries of the house almost being set on fire by Pa's cooking. I swiped again and I paused.