Chapter 6: Peaches

Y/n...You need to wake up...

Wake up my child...

You need to get up...don't give up.

You're needed...

You need to wake up...

Wake up...

WAKE UP..

"Y/N WAKE UP!!"

Out of instinct I punch whatever just screamed into my face. Immediately I heard someone whine in pain.

"OW!! MY NOSE?!"

"Mario? What the hell are you doing waking me up like that?" I groaned as I lift myself from the comforts of the bed I laid in. That was probably the best sleep I had in years to be honest...

"You were mumbling in your sleep!! Plus, we got to get going...God I think you broke my nose..." Mario hissed, slight blood dripping from his nose.

"Oh hush you big baby, you've been hit by worse things." I say as I grabbed him a tissue from the bathroom. Which I'm kind of surprised even exists here.

"I'll meet you with the princess when you're done getting ready..." He groaned as he stuffed the tissue in his nose, walking out the room. I sigh as I attempt to make myself look presentable. I didn't have any new clothes, so I'm probably gonna stink. Especially from the sewage water from yesterday.

"Sooner we get Luigi, the sooner we can leave..." I huff as I walked out of the room the Princess generously lended Mario and I. The halls were surprisingly empty, and I was having some difficulty trying to find the main room. But something ended up catching my eye.

"Wow..." I mumbled as stared out the window, below was a clear blue ocean, stretching far and wide. I look behind me, before going through the doors where a balcony laid. I slowly walked up to the railing and listened to the waves crash into the land. The wind blowing through my h/c hair. I smile at the feeling, I could almost forget the problems I had.

"Huh...?" I see something splash in the water and I tilted my head a bit. I widen my eyes as some sort of red fish with...wings...? Popped it's head up. I smiled at it, waving. It seemed to smile back as it swam in circles, doing some cute tricks.

"Lovely view isn't it?" I jump as I heard Peach speak from behind me. But seeing as it was just her, I calmed down.

"Yeah it sure is...The ocean is so...wonderful...full of life. It reminds me a lot of home..." I muttered as I stare out into the ocean. The fish long gone now.

"Homesick?" Peach said simply, and I nod. She pats my shoulder, giving me a warm smile, looking out in the ocean as well.

"You know...the elders used to tell me stories. That once there was kingdom below in the waters. It was called Aqualirra..." Peach began and I look at her, genuinely curious.

"Really? Is it still there?"

"Sorry...wish I knew...They say they disappeared. Almost like phantoms. Some say they still live, others say they never existed at all. But what I've been told, was that the kingdom fell into ruins...No one has seen merpeople in years. Not after the heir to their thrown was lost..." Peach said disheartened. Something about that story just...hit me in the heart. I looked down at my hands, but Peach brought me out of my zoned out brain.

"Come on. Let's get ready to leave..." She says and began leading me to the main throne room, where Mario waited. She then walked both of us to the entrance of the castle. There all the mushroom people screamed and cheered joyfully for the Princess. Mario and I just kind of, stood there. I was trying not look ANYONE in the eyes. This embarrassing enough as it is...