Chapter 5: Mushrooms...everywhere...

"Ugh...my head..." I groaned as I wake up from the cold hard ground. I look around and saw how dead the trees were. But what I noticed more was-

"Luigi!!" I gasped as I ran over to him, shaking him back forth. His eyes fluttered opened and squinted at me.

"Y...N...?" He mumbled and I sigh in relief

"Thank god you're not dead." I say as I help him stand up. He too, noticed his surroundings and tensed up immediately. Quickly he grabbed all his tools, huddling close to me with his flashlight. I grabbed my taser that I still had, and held it out defensively.

"Stay close." I whispered to him

"Trust me. I'm not going anywhere..." He shivered as he looked around with his light. He began calling out for his brother, in hopes that he landed with him, but he managed to get snagged by a tree, which made him trip.

"Luigi!!" I quickly grabbed his overall strap as he was almost melted by the lava on the ground. He thanked me and I let him go.

"No problem-AH-BATS!!" I screeched as bats flew into our faces, freaking us out. There was a bunch of noises, each one making us jump and grab onto each other. Luigi scanned the area and I jump as I saw something.

"What was that?!" I say and he quickly shined it back to the tree. But nothing was there. Then the light fluttered and turned off making Luigi panic as he slapped it back on. Only for us to scream as some...bone creature snapped at us.

"RUN!!" He screams and we begin running away. He threw his tools down, to loosen the weight only to be smacked by a tree. But managed to break the bone looking turtle thing. I skid to a stop, and helped him up.

"HAHA!! YES!! You just got-Luigied." Luigi cheered pridefully as he picked up the head, but the thing came back Alive with an angry hiss. Quickly I took it from his hands and threw it into the lava, watching it sink down slowly.

"There now-"

But the ground rumbled as even MORE came out from the ground making me groan. Luigi, fell to the ground in surprise.

"You've got be kidding me?!" I shout as I picked up Luigi in my arms, running and carrying him away from the monsters. I had to jump over some of them, as they kept popping out of nowhere.

But I wasn't paying attention to where I was going because I tripped and Luigi fell from my arms. He quickly got up to help me, but I pushed him on.

"Go!! I'll try to detour some of them!!" I say as I watch the approaching skeletons.

"But I can't just-"

"Go Luigi!!" I shout as I waved over the skeletons, they snapped and hissed as some them began to run after me. I split up with Luigi, and began making my way- I DONT KNOW SOMEWHERE?!

"GET OFF ME!! YOU LITTLE SHIT!!" I hiss as I kick off one their heads as they grabbed onto me. I lost my footing as they tackled me to the ground, I tried to grab my taser but I couldn't reach it since it fell out of my hand. I heard Luigi's screams and I felt worry set in my chest as I grit my teeth trying to push off the dry ass bones off me.

Just then, a glowing sensation was felt around my hands, and before I could even react, water formed around me, pushing back the skeleton turtle things, straight into the lava. It then returned as if nothing happened. But I sat there stunned.

"I...I gotta find Mario...and fast!!" I say, brushing off what happened, even though I was seriously concerned. Luigi is gonna need help asap. I get up, spotting another one of those pipes, and I quickly jumped down it. Like before, it sucked me up into this cloud like area.